Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

YBCO Phonon Frequency

1. May 5, 2015 #1
    I was hoping someone could tell me the phonon frequency of the electrons for YBCO with hole doping of about .2 and a critical temperature of around 75-70°K at about 70°K. An answer in Hz would be preferred, or failing that, in cm-1 with the wave speed. Also, might the Kohn anomaly influence the frequency?

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. May 11, 2015 #3
    The critical temperature of the YBCO is about 70-75°K, and I want to know what the phonon frequency is. I found an article that might say that it's about 345cm-1, but I need it to be in Hz, and I am concerned that this Kohn anomaly might change the frequency. Here is a link to the article and a picture of the table I am looking at: http://www.nature.com/nmat/journal/v11/n8/full/nmat3378.html
    upload_2015-5-11_12-4-45.png

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook