Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Every several days or more

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

I try to every 3rd day, usually ends up being once a week, though.

Every other day when my hair is short, every day when it's a bit longer.

I shampoo everytime I shower. How often I shower.. sometimes once a day or every two days.

While I shower everyday, I only shampoo every other day.

About once a week. That's why I have very healthy hair, it may not shine like in the adverts but at least it isn't damaged by washing it every day.

Did you know that in the UK & US bathing/showering daily is the norm, but on the continent it varies from once a day to once a week or more. :smile: And I'm not just using the old cliché, that be true.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Definitely every day, sometimes more. If I skip a day, it looks flat and greasy and just nasty...some people I encounter could stand to wash their hair more often as well. :yuck:

Having long hair, it has a tendency to pick up odors around me, so even if I showered in the morning, if it spend the day at the farm or in the gross anatomy lab, I need to wash it again at the end of the day, so sometimes wash hair twice a day. I try not to do that, because it starts to dry it out. If I need to, I will use a good conditioner (I don't always use conditioner...depends on the shampoo I use, some dry out my hair more than others).

I really have never noticed any damage from washing, even washing often. It's the blow-drying that damages hair, so I usually let my hair air dry.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
How can people only wash their hair once a week? eww! I was my hair every time I shower, which is normally at least once a day.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Daily. The only exceptions are when I'm sick or camping.

How can people only wash their hair once a week? eww! I was my hair every time I shower, which is normally at least once a day.
I bathe, washing my hair is optional, ever heard of a shower cap as well?

I bet my hair is 5 times healthier than anyone who washes it every day.

Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
If I miss a day washing my hair, it starts feeling yucky by midday. It hangs and touches my face and I'm aware of it all day.

I've been told though, that one of the reasons why this happens is because by washing it everyday I've hyperstimulated it to replenish the very oils I'm stripping away. The theory goes that if I shampooed it less often, it wouldn't get oily as fast as it does now.

That's true I should know, and my hairs shoulder length.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Definitely everyday. I hate it when my hear is greasy.

I use bar soap...

Never... I shave my head and use soap as well =)

berkeman
Mentor
Work out 7 days a week, so I shower and shampoo the same amount. Swim, bike, run, motocross, Repeat!

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Never... I shave my head and use soap as well =)
Well, that's a solution to the problem of dirty hair, I guess. I enjoy having hair, though. So, I doubt it'd work for me.

(Now that I said that, I'm going to go bald, aren't I?)