How often should I shave my head and use soap for clean hair?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, people who wash their hair every day have healthier hair than those who only wash it once a week.

How often do you shampoo?

• Every day

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Pretty much every second day

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Every few days

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Every several days or more

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
I try to every 3rd day, usually ends up being once a week, though.

Every other day when my hair is short, every day when it's a bit longer.

I shampoo everytime I shower. How often I shower.. sometimes once a day or every two days.

While I shower everyday, I only shampoo every other day.

About once a week. That's why I have very healthy hair, it may not shine like in the adverts but at least it isn't damaged by washing it every day.

Did you know that in the UK & US bathing/showering daily is the norm, but on the continent it varies from once a day to once a week or more. :smile: And I'm not just using the old cliché, that be true.

Definitely every day, sometimes more. If I skip a day, it looks flat and greasy and just nasty...some people I encounter could stand to wash their hair more often as well. :yuck:

Having long hair, it has a tendency to pick up odors around me, so even if I showered in the morning, if it spend the day at the farm or in the gross anatomy lab, I need to wash it again at the end of the day, so sometimes wash hair twice a day. I try not to do that, because it starts to dry it out. If I need to, I will use a good conditioner (I don't always use conditioner...depends on the shampoo I use, some dry out my hair more than others).

I really have never noticed any damage from washing, even washing often. It's the blow-drying that damages hair, so I usually let my hair air dry.

How can people only wash their hair once a week? eww! I was my hair every time I shower, which is normally at least once a day.

Daily. The only exceptions are when I'm sick or camping.

cristo said:
How can people only wash their hair once a week? eww! I was my hair every time I shower, which is normally at least once a day.

I bathe, washing my hair is optional, ever heard of a shower cap as well?

I bet my hair is 5 times healthier than anyone who washes it every day.

Last edited:
If I miss a day washing my hair, it starts feeling yucky by midday. It hangs and touches my face and I'm aware of it all day.

I've been told though, that one of the reasons why this happens is because by washing it everyday I've hyperstimulated it to replenish the very oils I'm stripping away. The theory goes that if I shampooed it less often, it wouldn't get oily as fast as it does now.

That's true I should know, and my hairs shoulder length.

Definitely everyday. I hate it when my hear is greasy.

I use bar soap...

Never... I shave my head and use soap as well =)

Work out 7 days a week, so I shower and shampoo the same amount. Swim, bike, run, motocross, Repeat!

P4PPY said:
Never... I shave my head and use soap as well =)

Well, that's a solution to the problem of dirty hair, I guess. I enjoy having hair, though. So, I doubt it'd work for me.

(Now that I said that, I'm going to go bald, aren't I?)

1. What is the concept of "Do It Often" in physics?

The concept of "Do It Often" in physics refers to the frequency of an event or action occurring. It is a measure of how often a specific behavior or pattern occurs within a given timeframe.

2. How is frequency related to the concept of "Do It Often" in physics?

Frequency and "Do It Often" are closely related concepts in physics. Frequency is a measure of the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit time, while "Do It Often" refers to the frequency of a specific behavior or action occurring. In other words, the frequency of an event is a measure of how often it happens, or how often it is "done often."

3. What is the unit of measurement for "Do It Often" in physics?

The unit of measurement for "Do It Often" in physics is hertz (Hz). This is the same unit used to measure frequency, as they are closely related concepts. One hertz is equal to one occurrence of an event or action per second.

4. How is "Do It Often" used in practical applications of physics?

"Do It Often" is used in various practical applications of physics, such as in the fields of acoustics, electronics, and mechanics. In acoustics, it is used to measure the frequency of sound waves. In electronics, it is used to measure the frequency of alternating currents. In mechanics, it is used to measure the frequency of vibrations.

5. How does the concept of "Do It Often" relate to the wave-particle duality of light?

The wave-particle duality of light is a fundamental concept in physics that states that light can exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behavior. In terms of "Do It Often," the frequency of light waves corresponds to the number of photons (particles) emitted or absorbed per unit time. This concept is crucial in understanding the behavior of light in various phenomena, such as diffraction and interference.