1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

(year 10 science) IDENTIFY one factor which affects descent speed of paper gyrocopter

1. Apr 27, 2008 #1
    So I have this literature review which is due in like two days about identifying the variables involved in my experiment which involves the descent of two paper gyrocopters- where one was slightly bigger than the other. I am identifying terminal velocity as a factor which affects the descent of the gyrocopter.

So my questions are:

What are the relevant concepts and principles involved?- is it terminal velocity and how it affects the gyrocopter's descent?
    I have to come up with 5-7 questions, to solve the problem identified- assuming it's the terminal velocity we're after. What questions can I have?

Please help me and give you lots of hugs back!!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2008 #2

OKAY, NO. I should have explained it clearer. I had to use two different sized(one was slightly bigger than the other) paper gyrocopters. Dropped them both at 3m and 6m high each. Then I recorded their results.

So here I got this: height, mass, air resistance and terminal velocity.

WHICH ONES are the factors and which one are the variables?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  4. Apr 27, 2008 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

What properties are constant?

What inputs are varied or different between each set of measurements?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?