• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

(year 10 science) IDENTIFY one factor which affects descent speed of paper gyrocopter

So I have this literature review which is due in like two days about identifying the variables involved in my experiment which involves the descent of two paper gyrocopters- where one was slightly bigger than the other. I am identifying terminal velocity as a factor which affects the descent of the gyrocopter.

So my questions are:

What are the relevant concepts and principles involved?- is it terminal velocity and how it affects the gyrocopter's descent?
I have to come up with 5-7 questions, to solve the problem identified- assuming it's the terminal velocity we're after. What questions can I have?

Please help me and give you lots of hugs back!!:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

So I have this literature review which is due in like two days about identifying the variables involved in my experiment which involves the descent of two paper gyrocopters- where one was slightly bigger than the other. I am identifying terminal velocity as a factor which affects the descent of the gyrocopter.

So my questions are:

What are the relevant concepts and principles involved?- is it terminal velocity and how it affects the gyrocopter's descent?
I have to come up with 5-7 questions, to solve the problem identified- assuming it's the terminal velocity we're after. What questions can I have?

Please help me and give you lots of hugs back!!:rofl:

OKAY, NO. I should have explained it clearer. I had to use two different sized(one was slightly bigger than the other) paper gyrocopters. Dropped them both at 3m and 6m high each. Then I recorded their results.

So here I got this: height, mass, air resistance and terminal velocity.

WHICH ONES are the factors and which one are the variables?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
What properties are constant?

What inputs are varied or different between each set of measurements?