Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Year 4000

1. Apr 4, 2003 #1
    WHat do you think the technology will be in the year 4000?

my top five
    1 flying cars
    2 No war solve wars by playing cricket
    3 The whole world will be connected by teleporters
    4 people will live past 400
    5 Video games will be subliminal

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2003 #2

Njorl

Science Advisor

I think the tech of the year 2100 is difficult enough to predict. By the year 4000, technology will essentially be magic to us.

Njorl

4. Apr 4, 2003 #3

arivero

Gold Member

To me, cricket is difficult enough just now.

5. Apr 4, 2003 #4
    Your killing me viper! we have much more potential! We will probably have rebuilt mars, teach schools on mars, be traveling far into space and going to other galaxies, you know stuff like that!

6. Apr 4, 2003 #5
    Whats so confusing about cricket

7. Apr 4, 2003 #6

jb

most likely we'll have blown up the planet and/or the solar system by then.

cricket's really only baseball, but more british.

8. Apr 4, 2003 #7
    I doubt there will be live on this planet..

one thing is for sure tho.. we will have more WMDs.

9. Apr 4, 2003 #8
    Everyone's forgotten time travel!! and faster than light travel! How cool would that be??!!
    What if we actually traveled around the whole Milky Way? Then what?

10. Apr 5, 2003 #9
    that will come in about 100-200 years when the next einstein cames along...

11. Apr 5, 2003 #10
    Ok maybe not cricket but if there still is a world there will be no more war and it is settled by a sport or event.

12. Apr 5, 2003 #11
    Maybe PF Version 5465.35 ... and Admistrated By One of Greg Grand Sons ....

13. Apr 5, 2003 #12
    That would be awesome! I was thinking that when I said space travel but I shuolda said it!

LOL that would be great!!!

14. Apr 5, 2003 #13
    I'm not sure, but do I hope the world is overrun by crazed midgets wearing stan laurel masks who enjoy terrorising the populace with cattle prods. Futuristic cattle prods, for futuristic cattle (my nod of acknowledgement to the title of the forum).

In fact, I hope that that's what the world will look like tomorrow.

It would be nice to think that the endeavours of Humanity have been leading up to something like that.

15. Apr 6, 2003 #14
    Do you think humans will still rule the world!?

16. Apr 6, 2003 #15
    no.. our unbeaten path of the future will be rittled with wars and destruction. Our history is to violent and it is part of our mindset and would take millions of years to change..

so.. yeah.

17. Apr 6, 2003 #16
    Haha, that's a good one.
    I love speculating about the future of humanity. I like options 1, 2 and 4.

18. Apr 6, 2003 #17

emu

My guess is that in the next 100 years alone, we will make amazing strides in medicine. Hopefully we'll also have quantum computers.

Space travel 'a la Star Trek' just doesn't do it for me. There's still so much to discover here on our own little planet.

19. Apr 6, 2003 #18
    I disagree.

I think wars will become more common and more devestating. If some differences between people on our own planet can't be resolved withought a war then I think it will get alot worse when people have colonised the entire galaxy. People would just be able to destroy a whole planet withought it harming themselves and there would be many more differences to argue over. :frown:

20. Apr 7, 2003 #19
    come on lad, you know us humanS! theres no earth about it! if we go extinct we are gonna go extinct in style :D:D:D

yeah, and in the year 4000!

- Coronation street will be in its 2040th year!
    - Tvs will be inbuilt into us when we are born.
    - Our genetically enhanced bodys will have telepath capabilitys. capable of controlling the mind and solid matter!
    - We will be able to transport to mars and back will the press of a button.
    - Well all be wearing cool space suits.
    - Star Trek 600 will be premiering (with, of course, far fancier technology than the 40th century has to offer!)
    - PIE Will be the best (and only) food!
    - At least one country (if countrys are still around) will have a monkey as its leader (no jokes about current day USA please :P).

:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2003
  21. Apr 8, 2003 #20
    I think that Ians great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandson will rule the world. No jokes about the current Us president or Uk prime minister please!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?