Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yellow flag

1. Jun 14, 2008 #1
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1767074#post1767074

LOL I like the yellow flag at the bottom right corner of my OP in the link that indicates that I have received a warning. That is really a nice touch. Has anyone read the scarlet letter? Do you think that people will see the yellow flag and stop answering my posts or interacting with me at all. Will I eventually be forced to seek refuge in my own private forum on the outskirts of PF and live in infamy and remorse about the sin I committed so long ago.

But seriously, I do think it is a bad idea ( especially because the warning had nothing to do with the contents of the post).

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You are the only one that can see it, but thanks for letting everyone know.

4. Jun 14, 2008 #3
    Thats even more funny.

5. Jun 14, 2008 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You don't really get scarlet letters here, you get slapped with "scarlet fish"...otherwise known as red snapper.:biggrin:

We need a "foot in mouth" smiley just for these situations.

6. Jun 14, 2008 #5

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone know a good oral podiatrist?

7. Jun 14, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

[​IMG]

:rofl:

8. Jun 14, 2008 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, if you get enough penalty points, you will be banned; either temporarily, or permanently.

9. Jun 14, 2008 #8
    Will there be a celebration as they throw me and all of my PF posts out into the open internet? Will PF be kind enough to give me directions to the nearest math-science internet community or will they force me to wander for days or perhaps months throughout the cruel and dangerous forest of online communities facing viruses, Trojan horses, and highly unstable servers all by myself? Will people throw stones at me or send me invective private messages as I say goodbye to my few friends here at PF and log out for the last time?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?