Can Cars Really Run on Water? Debunking the Myth with Scientific Evidence

In summary, after watching a video, the speaker changed their mind and now believes that cars can run on water, despite previously thinking it was impossible. They compare the concept to the movie "The Incredibles" and mention a show called "Top Gear."
Borek
Mentor
Up to now I was absolutely sure it is impossible, but after seeing this video I have changed my mind. Yes, cars can run on water, and whoever says the opposite is a crackpot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:
Up to now I was absolutely sure it is impossible, but after seeing this video I have changed my mind. Yes, cars can run on water, and whoever says the opposite is a crackpot.

I can do that running with flippers.

That's cool. It reminds me of "The Incredibles" with Dash running on the water.

Ahhh Top Gear... marvellous!

oh that's great but i am sure there is some platform inside water.

Sure, these lizards put the platform under water before start as well.

1. How is it possible for cars to run on water?

Yes, it is possible for cars to run on water through a process called electrolysis. This involves using electricity to split the water molecule into its two components, hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen gas is then used as fuel to power the car's engine.

2. Is it safe to run cars on water?

Yes, it is generally safe to run cars on water. The process of electrolysis produces clean and non-toxic hydrogen gas, which is used as fuel. However, proper safety precautions must be taken during the process of electrolysis to prevent any accidents.

3. Will cars that run on water completely replace traditional gasoline-powered cars?

It is unlikely that cars that run on water will completely replace traditional gasoline-powered cars in the near future. While the technology exists, it is still in the early stages and there are many challenges that need to be addressed before it can be widely adopted.

4. What are the benefits of using water as a fuel for cars?

Using water as a fuel for cars has several potential benefits. It is a renewable resource, meaning it can be replenished and does not contribute to air pollution. It is also relatively inexpensive compared to traditional fuels like gasoline and diesel.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using water as a fuel for cars?

One of the main drawbacks of using water as a fuel for cars is the required infrastructure. The process of electrolysis requires specialized equipment and a reliable source of electricity. Additionally, storing and transporting hydrogen gas can be challenging and potentially dangerous if not done properly.