"The Impossible Yes-No Question - Can You Answer It?

In summary: I'll do it." or "Do you have to leave your socks on the floor so the dog can chew on them?" or "Can't you put that book down and come to bed?"Oh, you mean the ones like, "Don't you think it's time to take the trash out?" or "Couldn't you watch TV some other time?" or "Can't you ever pick up after... oh, never mind, I'll do it." or "Do you have to leave your socks on the floor so the dog can chew on them?" or "Can't you put that book down and come to bed?"Yes. All of those. And, "Do
well i m in going through a bad time, so i had to laugh to keep my self alive.:blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
Oops! I thought you wouldn't answer my question and :rolleyes"

oops :rolleyes:

"Have you stopped beating your gf?"

Answering "no" says that you do beat her, and answering "yes" implies that you used to.

This only works if 'yes' and 'no' are the only responses allowed.

gurkhawarhorse said:
well i m in going through a bad time, so i had to laugh to keep my self alive.:blushing:
Lemmesee, you're in a relationship but at least one other female is advancing on you... Hm, you must be going through some really tough times. So what's so bad with your life aside from that? Is it so bad you can't tell us?

rocketboy said:
"Have you stopped beating your gf?"

Answering "no" says that you do beat her, and answering "yes" implies that you used to.

This only works if 'yes' and 'no' are the only responses allowed.

you can also do, "Do you beat your spouse for pleasure?" yes says you do enjoy it, no says you do it, but she deserves it or something.

"Will you admit that you stole the car?"

EnumaElish said:
Lemmesee, you're in a relationship but at least one other female is advancing on you... Hm, you must be going through some really tough times. So what's so bad with your life aside from that? Is it so bad you can't tell us?

today she asked me for a kiss in the cheek. i gave :blushing: though no one saw. it was a mistake. :cry: minutes later she came with another question " will u kiss me in lips :confused: , ". :bugeye: every one was seeing just :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry:
there.
i said no. :smile:
she said" cmmon u just kissed me in cheek u can do it in lipe please. every one heard :cry: :cry: :cry:
i went away. :redface: :cry: :cry: :cry:
the girl i like was not there in the school today.
and she doesn't talk to the psycho girl much too.
hope she won't find out.

Last edited:
gurkhawarhorse said:
the girl i like was not there in the school today.
and she doesn't talk to the psycho girl much too.
hope she won't find out.
Better to assume that she will find out and be ready for her reaction. (Hope for the best, be ready for the worst.) Do you think the liking is reciprocal with the girl you like? Does she know you exist? Would she be upset if she found out, or would she say "gurkawho? Kissed who? Do I care? No?"

And why did you call your schoolmate "psycho"? It appears like she really likes you, and if she was a psycho what would that tell about you?

So that's what makes you think you're in some tough times? Gimme a break.

EnumaElish said:
So that's what makes you think you're in some tough times? Gimme a break.

no not at all...

EnumaElish said:
Do you think the liking is reciprocal with the girl you like? Does she know you exist? Would she be upset if she found out,

yep. she is my gf, i met her in my country and she is here in england w/ me. :smile:

gurkhawarhorse said:
no not at all...
If that's not it, what is it then? Too much HW, too little time? Were you joking when you posted you were in for some tough times?

gurkhawarhorse said:
yep. she is my gf, i met her in my country and she is here in england w/ me. :smile:
In that case, you are right to be concerned about upsetting her, IMHO. Because you have expectations from each other.

what happened today was in my mind the whole day so i just posted it.
i didnt want to post "no i m not saying it to u"
and i still wanted to respond to your sympathy.
so i felt that it is worth mentoning.
the tough times are related to my friends back home.

gurkhawarhorse said:
the tough times are related to my friends back home.
Sorry to hear; I hope that you and they will find the strength to pull through with relative ease and/or unharm.