Discover Your Ideal Personality Type with Our Free Quiz | HumanMetrics

• Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary: INTJ: "In summary, the conversation is about the Myers-Briggs personality test and the different types of personalities identified by it. Many people in the conversation have taken the test and have identified as INTJ, with some variation in their scores for introversion, intuition, thinking, and judging. They discuss the accuracy and validity of the test and its results, as well as the types of careers that are typical for INTJs. Some participants also mention their interest in science and how it relates to their personality type. Overall, there seems to be a high percentage of INTJs in the conversation, which could be due to the nature of the forum or their interest in theoretical subjects."
FZ+
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

What did everyone get?

---

Me:
eNTp: "Inventor type"

# slightly expressed extrovert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

Though the first time I did it, I got classed as a Champion idealist... (eNFp) Probably from the stuff I picked about everything in the world being relative, and no inherent value to conventionalism.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you still beat your wife?

Not exactly the types of questions I want to give yes/no answers to.

Last edited:
INTP

It's interesting it says that Socrates, Decartes, Newton, and Einstein had this type

INTP

The first time I did the test was last year in ethics lessons in school and got INTP.

Edit: I got INTP also when I did it again just now.

High I,T
Low N,P

Last edited:
The Portrait of the Mastermind (iNTj)

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

"They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population."

Hey, I'm a one-percenter!
Definition: Many years ago, the AMA stated that 99% of motorcyclists are law abiding people and only 1% are causing trouble. Those riders who felt they were in that 1% assumed the name One Percenters and started wearing patches denoting themselves as One Percenters.

That tears it, I'm buying a motorcycle for xmas.

I am a iNTj

very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

Famous INTJs
Fictional:

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

Last edited:
Myers-Briggs

For more information about this test, you can google or yahoo "Myers-Briggs". This test is pretty famous

INTJ- for me and (shudder) a number of democrats.

We may have 50% of the 1% group right here.

I've taken the Meyers-Briggs before.

INTP

High I, High T, Low N, Low P.

We'll have a WHOLE bunch of *NT*'s here, with the majority being INT*.

INTJ here as well.

Cheers.

INTJ here too.

INTJ here too.. that's a lot of INTJ's.. if it's only the top 1 percent, I'm starting to wonder about the validity of the test.. hehe

Mastermind (iNTj)

moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.
It all seems to make sense, but I wonder if all the descriptions of the other types would too? :P

Originally posted by Zantra
INTJ here too.. that's a lot of INTJ's.. if it's only the top 1 percent, I'm starting to wonder about the validity of the test.. hehe
Well, it would make sense, since it says in the test result:

Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia).
The high occurance of this type in this forum would confirm the validity of the test

Every time I take one of these I come up INTJ. Guess I'm typed.

Monique, it's possioble that people who are not only interested in science but stick with it are self selected to be INTJ's. (Bad expression, I mean that INTJ's will be drawn to activities like PF).

Last edited:
Mine was:

moderately expressed feeling personality

Some of the questions depend on what situation I am in, so I could have answered yes and no. A fun test!

Current tally then:

INTJ: 8
selfAdjoint
Monique
Zantra
steersman
redrogue
GENIERE
Boulderhead
iansmith

INTP: 2
einsteinian77
KL Kam

INFJ: 1
Thallium

ENTP: 1
FZ+

I do physics and my whole class was personality typed, NT is the physics type (generally).

I did the Myers-Brigg before and got moderate results and on seeing that many people here got moderates to low i thought i would get the same again. Instead i got
I high
N high
T v high, actually 100%
P moderate

This difference is partly, in my opinion, due to my recent shift towards a great love for all that is theoretical and maybe why my poker is getting worse.

Add another one ot INTJ...

>distinctively expressed introvert
>moderately expressed intuitive personality
>distinctively expressed thinking personality
>slightly expressed judging personality

Yet another INTJ

moderately expressed introvert
very expressed thinking personality

seems like a lotta 1%ers here!

-Ty

Originally posted by twizted1
seems like a lotta 1%ers here!

-Ty
That means we are all special!

Originally posted by Monique
That means we are all special!

I don't know about yall...but I ALREADY knew that! I've always known i was special! hehe...and I'm not narcisistic at all :wink:

-Ty

:smile: hi everyone I am new here, I am a INTP! too
like most people

distinctively expressed introvert

very expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

their right about me not being much of a thinker (i daydream a lot)

actually not like most people

so then you are special too! :wink:

Hey I'm an INTJ Too ...

That makes nine.

Originally posted by amp
That makes nine.

not much of an observer, are you? i counted 11.

I just recounted, I got twelve...

in some of the posts the type wasn't included{I'm not referring to the repeat posts}. Are there other typing sites?

I think INTP is a fancy way telling me that I'm lazy and care only about things I have an interest in.

sorry, i still get 11

there's FZ+'s list of 8 + you,me and twizted1. I even rechecked FZ+'s list.
I hate this. Hand over those path integrals and cross sections. Basic maths is not my strongest point.

INTJ:11

I got eSTp, i feel so wishy washy and unscience like!

slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

lol, looks like i should be doing sociology instead of physics...

ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)

I guess that makes me a unique personality at Physics Forums.

Of course I don't agree with everything in my descript, but for the most part it seems to match with what I perceive of myself, and I liked what it said.

I kinda like the idea of being different. Of course I always thought I was/am.