Mentor
yomamma is a member here

and he is a joke

yo mama so fat when she gets on the scale it says to be continued

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
What is the point of this thread?
Unless I completely misunderstood something, it seems more offensive than funny.

Evo
Mentor
siddharth said:
What is the point of this thread?
Unless I completely misunderstood something, it seems more offensive than funny.
"yomamma" jokes are typically american and have nothing to do with the member named yomamma.

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Evo said:
"yomamma" jokes are typically american and have nothing to do with the member named yomamma.
Is that so? I did not know that. So, what does "yomamma" mean? I guess it would mean "your mother". But the "joke" still doesn't make sense.

Evo
Mentor
siddharth said:
Is that so? I did not know that. So, what does "yomamma" mean? I guess it would mean "your mother". But the "joke" still doesn't make sense.
I can't remember which comedian started it and I can't look up jokes right now because I'm at work, maybe someone else can.

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm not asking for the details on which comedian started it. It is just that, where I come from, most people would think that original post is an insult, not a joke. So I'm trying to figure out if there there is some meaning which I am missing, or how these jokes are funny in American culture.

Last edited:
siddharth said:
I'm not asking for the details on which comedian started it. It is just that, where I come from, most people would think that original post is an insult, not a joke. So I'm trying to figure out if there there is some meaning which I am missing, or how these jokes are funny in American culture.
Its because they're not meant seriously. It happens in most languages and cultures. Things said one way are insults, the same words, said differently are friendly greetings, or jokes.

Yo mama's so fat she fell down the grand canyon and got stuck.

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Its because they're not meant seriously. It happens in most languages and cultures. Things said one way are insults, the same words, said differently are friendly greetings, or jokes.
Yes, that's probably true. Though I must say, I was quite suprised when I initially read the OP.

Mk
Of course sometimes if you are talking to an African-American, they can take offense even if you just say "yo mama." Hahaha, these are really funny.

Mk
Yo mama so fat she has been declared a natural habitat for Condors!

However, your mother is such a dimwit, she once accidently locked herself in a grocery store and starved!

One time I was wit yo mama, and it took her 2 hours to watch 60 Minutes!

Another time, yo mama wa so stupid that she tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order!

Yo mama's such a dumbass, she also tripped over a cordless phone!

Last edited:
siddharth said:
It's just an american teenage(and sometimes adult) male thing where we sit around and think of really offensive things to say about eachothers mothers. They usually have to do with yomomma so fat, or yomomma so stupid etc.

yomomma so stupid, she sits on the TV and watches the couch.

yomomma so fat, the last time she saw 90210 was on the scale.

yomomma so stupid, the result on her IQ test came up N/A.

also, don't say yomomma jokes over the CB radio to truckers.

"Yo mama so fat, she sat on a rainbow and skittles popped out."

:uhh:

JamesU
Gold Member
At least you're spelling it 'mama'....

Here's one I don't get:

Yo momma so stupid she tried to minimize a 12 variable function to a minimal sum of products expression using a karnaugh map instead of the Quine-McCluskey Algorithm

yomamma said:
At least you're spelling it 'mama'....
Here's one I don't get:
Yo momma so stupid she tried to minimize a 12 variable function to a minimal sum of products expression using a karnaugh map instead of the Quine-McCluskey Algorithm

Yo mama so stupid....yeah i got nothing. That one wins the thread.

Ya Momma so fat...the back of her neck looks like a pack of hotdogs.
Ya Momma so fat...she sat on a quarter and when she stood up there was 2 dimes and a nickle.
Ya Momma got buck-teeth so bad...she can eat corn-on-the-cob through a picket fence.
Ya Momma so fat...her blood type is Crisco.

Mk
How 'bout this one:

Your mom is fat.

Mk
Or this one:
Your mom is a tub of lard.
Your mom is an idiot.
Your mom is a slut.

They are a bit more direct.

My favourite :

Yo momma, she like a doorknob, EVERYBODY gets a turn! :biggrin:

yo mama is so fat she killed franzbear.

Your mamma is proof that the Universe is still expanding exponentially.
What did your mamma get on her IQ test?...drool.
Your mamma is so fat, she jumped into the river and the river jumped out.
Your momma is so fat, she flew into space and the sun orbited her.