Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You canadians

1. Aug 11, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

for the past week or so, we've received random calls from quebec. sometimes at midnight. all these calls are are a series of beeps. well, today, I got the same call, except it was from ontario....

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2005 #2
    Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Sometimes I misdial and connect to a random person instead of the CIA.

4. Aug 11, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

:rolleyes: can you explain the beeps?

5. Aug 11, 2005 #4
    oh that's just the signal getting scrambled by your phone. Don't worry about it, it's only costing you 30$/minute.... rounded up.

6. Aug 11, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

I never a1nswer those calls :approve: I let them go to the answering machine. Don't worry about it, it's only costing you 30$/minute....

7. Aug 11, 2005 #6
    Well, seeing as I used a public line and routed the call through a DHS ISP they won't know who to charge. So, they might charge you, or they might let the cost slip, depending on the policy of your phone provider.

8. Aug 11, 2005 #7
    You mean you don't have a blowhorn? Whenever a Canadian calls here I say, "hold on just a second", and BAMMM!!!!!!!

9. Aug 11, 2005 #8
    I wouldn't recommend that. The receiver might interpret it as the launch code and you might set off the nuke in NY.

10. Aug 11, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If all you get are beeps, how do you know the call is coming from Canada?

11. Aug 11, 2005 #10
    Set off the nuke in NY? pff I don't live in NY. I say let em die! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?