You don't want a minke in the bath tub Whale Flatulence

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, scientists have captured the first photograph of a minke whale releasing flatulence in the Antarctic waters. The discovery has led to humorous discussions about the possibility of the whale blowing smoke rings and its connection to mysterious bubbles sinking ships in the Bermuda Triangle. However, it is important to note that attempting to ignite the whale's flatulence would be dangerous and not recommended.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Whale flatulence stuns scientists

The researchers claim this is the first photograph of a minke whale letting one go in the icy waters of Antarctica. It was taken from the bow of a research vessel.

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,6947020%5E421,00.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you suppose given a big enough cigar it could blow a smoke ring too?

I wonder if there's any connection
to "Mysterious Bubbles Sink
Ships In Bermuda Triangle
"?

I want to see someone lite that fart!

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I wonder if there's any connection
to "Mysterious Bubbles Sink
Ships In Bermuda Triangle
"?

That's it. Brilliant!

Originally posted by Andy

I would (respectfully{?}) suggest you volounteer!

If you want to be like that Robin you know where you can put your respect.

If you want to be like that Robin you know where you can put your respect.

Cheese, no sense of humor, and no respect either.

Mr. Robin Parsons

See this is a Science Forum, least last I had Heard, and in any kind of "Real Science application" what you are suggesting, although humorous I suppose, would work out to be very dangerous, given the fact that the scientists who reported upon this event commented upon the fact that they could smell this cloud of gas as it broke over the prow of the ship, ergo it was a LARGE volume of gas that would, when someone humorously (silly, and stupidly too) goes up to Lite it, probably blow them right off of the ship.

That is why I suggested that you do it, cause in a reality, in a/the real setting, it would be a really really silly/stupid thing to try. Not only is there a distinct possiblity that you would be seriously injured, (not that that matters?) but you might just hurt several others as well...Not known as a bright thing to do! and it makes kinda certain that you would not be the kind of person invited to go along on such a venture.

Understand me now?

Whilst sober i didnt understand you buit whilst drunk i do does that make it easier for tyou to understanf?

Whilst sober i didnt understand you buit whilst drunk i do does that make it easier for tyou to understanf?

Happy Birthday

(you'll forget it soon enough?)

Cheers Mate!

What is "You don't want a minke in the bath tub Whale Flatulence"?

"You don't want a minke in the bath tub Whale Flatulence" is a humorous phrase that is used to describe the unpleasantness of having whale flatulence in a confined space like a bathtub.

Why would a minke whale be in a bath tub?

A minke whale would not typically be found in a bath tub as they are large, ocean-dwelling mammals. The phrase is simply a humorous metaphor for a large and potentially smelly situation.

Is whale flatulence harmful to humans?

No, whale flatulence is not harmful to humans. It is mostly composed of methane and other gases that are not toxic to humans. However, it may have a strong odor.

Do whales actually fart?

Yes, whales do fart. Like all mammals, they have digestive systems that produce gas as a byproduct. However, their farts are not audible like human farts due to the way their anatomy is structured.

Why is whale flatulence a topic of discussion among scientists?

Whale flatulence is a topic of discussion among scientists because it plays a role in the ocean's carbon cycle. The methane released from whale flatulence contributes to the greenhouse effect, but it also helps to fertilize and support the growth of phytoplankton, which absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.