Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stargazing You going to watch the eclipse?

1. Lunar Eclipse

1 vote(s)
  2. Solar Eclipse

8 vote(s)
  3. Both

6 vote(s)
  4. I could care less

7 vote(s)
  1. Mar 2, 2007 #1
    Hey everyone! On March 3rd, there will be a lunar eclipse!! Anyone going watch or take any pictures?? If you take any pictures please post them!!

For future solar/lunar eclipses go here!!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

Depends on how cold and windy it is. I saw the last lunar eclipse, it was pretty good.
  4. Mar 2, 2007 #3
    Thanks for the heads up. I'd have missed it completely.
  5. Mar 2, 2007 #4

Homework Helper

I am! Local cloud cover is pretty bad, though. :frown:
  6. Mar 2, 2007 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...since I'll be meeting someone tomorrow who is interested in astronomy, perhaps I will be....assuming weather conditions are favorable.
  7. Mar 3, 2007 #6
    Is this a possible "date" meeting Moonbear? Good luck if so!:smile:
    Would it be improper to ask someone how big his telescope is on the first date?:wink:
  8. Mar 3, 2007 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It dark right now and completely overcast, unless the sky clears up in 2 hours I'll probably miss the eclipe :frown:
  9. Mar 3, 2007 #8
    Ya, its not exactly clear for me either. I'm hoping the same. I want to take some pictures of the eclipse with my camera. The clouds couldn't have come at a worse time :biggrin:. If we do miss this eclipse i guess we will have to wait till August 28 till we get another lunar eclipse.
  10. Mar 3, 2007 #9

Homework Helper

Will watch and try to make a picture. Although it isn't something that I find specially fascinating. :smile:
  11. Mar 3, 2007 #10

Gold Member

Overcast here right now, so I'll miss the lunar eclipse and occultation.:mad:
  12. Mar 3, 2007 #11
    I see the eclipse starting now. it should be clear now Monique
  13. Mar 3, 2007 #12
    Figures its still cloudy where i am. Guess i will miss it.:cry:
  14. Mar 3, 2007 #13
    Ehh, where in the hell is the moon at? It is nice and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and I don't see the moon.
  15. Mar 3, 2007 #14
    look here to see your location
  16. Mar 3, 2007 #15
    So I have to wait for the moon to rise then :grumpy:
  17. Mar 3, 2007 #16
    Yeah, I got nothing here either in AZ.
  18. Mar 3, 2007 #17
    Hi !
    Eclipse in action ! In france, the weather is good, I'm lucky ! I take some photos with my camera ... but bad quality, numeric camera with a telescope ...hum !

ps:sorry for mistackes
  19. Mar 3, 2007 #18
    No eclipse in Denmark.. I'm so disappointed :( Damn those clouds
  20. Mar 3, 2007 #19
    I know tell me about it. I was so looking forward to this eclipse :cry:. I hope someone posts some pictures of the eclipse.
  21. Mar 3, 2007 #20

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whoopsy, I missed it :blushing: I started watching Silence of the Lambs at 10 pm and forgot all about it, I just looked outside and can see some stars.. but no moon. I think it is hiding behind the church, or maybe it is still eclipsed :wink: (don't think so).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?