You going to watch the eclipse?

In summary, the lunar eclipse will be on March 3rd. If you are interested in watching or photographing the eclipse, go to sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html.

Which type of eclipse is your favorite??

• Lunar Eclipse

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Solar Eclipse

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Both

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I could care less

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
hover
Hey everyone! On March 3rd, there will be a lunar eclipse! Anyone going watch or take any pictures?? If you take any pictures please post them!

For future solar/lunar eclipses go http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/eclipse.html" !

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Depends on how cold and windy it is. I saw the last lunar eclipse, it was pretty good.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd have missed it completely.

I am! Local cloud cover is pretty bad, though. :frown:

Hmm...since I'll be meeting someone tomorrow who is interested in astronomy, perhaps I will be...assuming weather conditions are favorable.

Moonbear said:
Hmm...since I'll be meeting someone tomorrow who is interested in astronomy, perhaps I will be...assuming weather conditions are favorable.
Is this a possible "date" meeting Moonbear? Good luck if so!:smile:
Would it be improper to ask someone how big his telescope is on the first date?:wink:

Curious3141 said:
I am! Local cloud cover is pretty bad, though. :frown:

It dark right now and completely overcast, unless the sky clears up in 2 hours I'll probably miss the eclipe :frown:

Monique said:
It dark right now and completely overcast, unless the sky clears up in 2 hours I'll probably miss the eclipe :frown:

Ya, its not exactly clear for me either. I'm hoping the same. I want to take some pictures of the eclipse with my camera. The clouds couldn't have come at a worse time :biggrin:. If we do miss this eclipse i guess we will have to wait till August 28 till we get another lunar eclipse.

Will watch and try to make a picture. Although it isn't something that I find specially fascinating. :smile:

Overcast here right now, so I'll miss the lunar eclipse and occultation.:mad:

I see the eclipse starting now. it should be clear now Monique

Figures its still cloudy where i am. Guess i will miss it.:cry:

Ehh, where in the hell is the moon at? It is nice and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and I don't see the moon.

look http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/image1/LE2007Mar03-Fig1.GIF" to see your location

So I have to wait for the moon to rise then :grumpy:

Yeah, I got nothing here either in AZ.

Hi !
Eclipse in action ! In france, the weather is good, I'm lucky ! I take some photos with my camera ... but bad quality, numeric camera with a telescope ...hum !

ps:sorry for mistackes

No eclipse in Denmark.. I'm so disappointed :( Damn those clouds

Maxwells Demon said:
No eclipse in Denmark.. I'm so disappointed :( Damn those clouds

I know tell me about it. I was so looking forward to this eclipse :cry:. I hope someone posts some pictures of the eclipse.

Andre said:
I see the eclipse starting now. it should be clear now Monique

Whoopsy, I missed it :blushing: I started watching Silence of the Lambs at 10 pm and forgot all about it, I just looked outside and can see some stars.. but no moon. I think it is hiding behind the church, or maybe it is still eclipsed :wink: (don't think so).

I was just watching it , it was very nice.
It was sort of reddish..
very beautiful

mattmns said:
Cool! I am wondering how it is going to look this late, the moon should be rising sometime soon here.

Only going to be partial in parts of the US. Check the chart at the bottom of the following link which will give you a rough idea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6411991.stm

Just looked out my back door, and the moon was right there nice and bright, so it looks like we missed it :cry:

It was alright, I guess. Cloud cover was pretty bad here (Singapore), but (intermittently) managed to catch at least half the moon getting chewed up.

Kurdt said:
I managed to take a couple of snaps. Heres one of them.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2113/lunareclipse030307hb7.th.jpg

Hey, that's a nice one! Unfortunately i missed the entire eclipse due to the fact it was cloudy:cry:. What makes me really P.O. now is that it is now CLEAR:grumpy: :grumpy: :cry: !

I guess the only thing i can do for now is just wait for the next lunar eclipse in August. Oh well, no point in complaining. I just have to wait.

Nice photo Kurdt !
The best I take with my telescope ... sorry for quality !
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7008/kif2998yr7.jpg

I was going to take some with the telescope. In the end it would have been too much setting it up and I would have missed it.

1. Will it be safe to watch the eclipse with my naked eye?

No, it is not safe to watch the eclipse with your naked eye. It is important to use proper eye protection, such as eclipse glasses or a solar filter, to avoid damaging your eyes.

2. What is the best location to watch the eclipse?

The best location to watch the eclipse will depend on where you are located. It is important to be in an area with clear skies and minimal light pollution. You can use online resources or apps to help find the optimal viewing spot for your location.

3. What time will the eclipse start and end?

The exact start and end time of the eclipse will vary based on your location. It is best to check with a reliable source, such as NASA's eclipse website, for the specific times for your area.

4. Do I need any special equipment to watch the eclipse?

While special equipment, such as eclipse glasses or a solar filter, is recommended for safe viewing, you can also make a DIY pinhole viewer or use alternative methods to indirectly view the eclipse. However, it is important to never look directly at the sun during the eclipse.

5. How often do solar eclipses occur?

Solar eclipses occur approximately every 18 months, but they are not visible from all locations on Earth. The frequency and visibility of eclipses will vary based on your location.