Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You know what PF needs?

1. Sep 16, 2004 #1
    I've had a brilliant idea for PF, particularly the PF lounge! It'd be brilliant if we had a roleplaying section, where we can have fun roleplaying battles (both silly and serious ones), pub brawls and other such roleplay-ables. I've seen it done before (and participated in one), and it's lots of clean, extremely funny entertainment! I've battled in fun 'brawls' where everyone had to roleplay in the fight with only meat pies and matrix-moves... it was lots of fun.

I'm so excited! It's like I've had too much red cordial! We must roleplay now!

My Dream
    I have a dream where little boys and little girls can battle it out using only pies and onions for weapons. I have a dream where friends can throw inanimate objects at each other on PF. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, Physics Forums will be not only a place for the intelligent, but also a place where the dumb, the silly and the slow can participate in roleplaying battles. I have a dream that we will work together, pray together, struggle together, to get our posts closed together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be roleplaying one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning, "My forum 'tis of thee, sweet forum of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers posted, land of the debates and calculations, from every thread, let freedom ring."

And if PF is to be a great forum this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious sticky-topic-hilltops of General Physics. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Astronomy & Cosmology. Let freedome ring from the tops of Mathematics!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped rockies of Engineering! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of Other Sciences!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Philosophy! Let freedom ring from Software in General Technology! Let freedome ring from every thread, every post of Homework Help Zone! And let freedom ring from the PF Lounge! From every thread, let freedom ring.

When we let it ring from every thread and every post, from every page and every topic, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the PF spirit, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God, we are free to roleplay at last!"

Yes, that was a subtle reference to Martin Luther King's speech, "I have a dream".

So let's roleplay! If anyone wants to, we could make a sticky topic or something, for roleplay...

Andy
    AMW Bonfire

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2004 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I see PF as a REFUGE from the dumb and the silly, perhaps you can find some place else for this type of person to play?

4. Sep 16, 2004 #3
    I think what AMW wants is a place for us to be silly (not as in dumb) and have a laugh.

The Bob (2004 ©)

5. Sep 17, 2004 #4
    Yeah, Bob's right. Just a post in the PF Lounge (doesn't even need to be sticky) where we can roleplay a bit.

Life's too serious. I'm sure many PF'ers would enjoy a bit of relaxing pie-throwing now and then? Come on intergral, I'm sure you would too. :wink: Besides, it's harmless fun. In the rare even that it degrading into an insult-throwing post, it can easily be closed and the offenders smacked.

Andy
    AMW Bonfire

6. Sep 17, 2004 #5
    lol, this is too easy. Someone else want to roleplay? cause I have a dream of kicking amwbonfire's ash up around his embers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?