You know your living in 2005 when

• Thread starter *Kia*
  • Start date
In summary, you accidentally enter your password on a microwave and you haven't played solitaire with real cards in years. The real reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don't have a screen name. You'd rather look all over the house for the remote instead of just pushing to button on the tv. Your boss don't even have the ability to do your job.
*Kia*
Gold Member
1) You accidentally enter your password on a microwave

2) You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years

3) The real reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don't have a screen name

4) You'd rather look all over the house for the remote instead of just pushing to button on the tv.

6) Your boss don't even have the ability to do your job.

7) You read this list, & keep nodding and smiling

8) As you read this list, you think about sending it to all your
friends

9) And.. you were to busy to notice number 5.

10) You actually scrolled back up to check that there was no 5

11) & now you're laughing at your stupidity

Physics news on Phys.org
:grumpy: Not fair, you were watching me. :grumpy:

:biggrin:

Number 4 should be:
You need to look all over the house for the remote because the TV doesn't have a button for what you want to do.

Janus said:
Number 4 should be:
You need to look all over the house for the remote because the TV doesn't have a button for what you want to do.
Ah yes, I've had that problem more than once ...

Janus said:
Number 4 should be:
Oh, don't even get me started on that one! I want to know what moron came up with the brilliant idea to put key functions that make the tv work ONLY on the remote! :devil: :devil: Would it have killed them to put these buttons on the tv?

5) When you can type better than you write

Evo said:
Oh, don't even get me started on that one! I want to know what moron came up with the brilliant idea to put key functions that make the tv work ONLY on the remote! :devil: :devil: Would it have killed them to put these buttons on the tv?
I'm not even sure what all of the buttons do on some of my remotes! I use the number keys sometimes, the volume up/down, the channel up/down, the on/off, and the button that switches from TV to Video for playing DVDs. But there are all sorts of buttons that make no sense to me.

Though, have you ever tried to program a VCR when the LCD light is dead? My VCR is probably 15 or more years old, and the LCD display burnt out probably 5 to 7 years ago (at least the clock doesn't blink 12:00 every time the power goes out :biggrin:). It makes it quite fun to try to set the timer (I'm never sure if it's on or not since the only way to confirm it's set is to look for the blinking "timer" light on the LCD display, which of course no longer displays.)

Ivan Seeking said:
you just added accuracy to an already accurate list

Ivan Seeking said:

ahahaha, that's me!

Moonbear said:
Though, have you ever tried to program a VCR when the LCD light is dead? My VCR is probably 15 or more years old, and the LCD display burnt out probably 5 to 7 years ago (at least the clock doesn't blink 12:00 every time the power goes out :biggrin:). It makes it quite fun to try to set the timer (I'm never sure if it's on or not since the only way to confirm it's set is to look for the blinking "timer" light on the LCD display, which of course no longer displays.)
Moonbear...time to buy a new VCR, they don't cost $1,200 anymore. :biggrin: I know it's hard, but it's time to let it go to that big VCR pasture in the sky.

V...c...r?? ;)

Pengwuino said:
V...c...r?? ;)

Be kind to the elderly.

haha ok :D

Evo said:
Moonbear...time to buy a new VCR, they don't cost $1,200 anymore. :biggrin: I know it's hard, but it's time to let it go to that big VCR pasture in the sky.

But then what would she do with all her Betamax tapes?:biggrin:

jma2001 said:
Ah yes, I've had that problem more than once ...

No solution at range when the only way to turn it on is using a remote control... :shy: Those big plasma tellies aren't cool !

Ivan Seeking said:

I can only type with one finger so i must be in 1805.

Janus said:
But then what would she do with all her Betamax tapes?:biggrin:

probably throw them in the closet with her 8 tracks, since the 8 track player broke :rofl:

What are some indicators that you know you're living in 2005?

Some indicators that you know you're living in 2005 include the popularity of flip phones and MP3 players, the prevalence of MySpace and other early social media platforms, and the release of popular movies such as "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith."

How has technology changed in 2005 compared to previous years?

In 2005, technology had advanced significantly compared to previous years. Smartphones were becoming more common, digital cameras were widely used, and the first Xbox console was released. Additionally, social media and online shopping were gaining popularity.

What were some major events that occurred in 2005?

Some major events that occurred in 2005 include Hurricane Katrina, the London bombings, the death of Pope John Paul II, and the launch of YouTube. In addition, the war in Iraq was ongoing and the United States elected its first African American Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.

What were the popular fashion trends in 2005?

Some popular fashion trends in 2005 included low-rise jeans, velour tracksuits, and chunky highlights in hair. Brands such as Juicy Couture, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Hollister were also popular among teenagers and young adults.

How did the music scene change in 2005?

In 2005, the music scene saw the rise of popular artists such as Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, and Maroon 5. The popularity of digital music downloads also increased with the launch of iTunes and other online music platforms. Pop-punk and emo music were also popular genres during this time.