Are You a Trekkie? Share Your Defining Moment!

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, every 16 posts, someone will give a new word that can be defined as a classification of a person or a description of a person. Then, someone will respond with a situation that defines that person.
Math Jeans
This is a game that I just seem to have thought of and I thought would be interesting based on the way that most people in this forum think.

Every 16 posts (every page), someone gives a new word that can be defined as a classification of a person or a description of a person.

Then you respond with a situation that defines that person.

Word: Trekkie (a Star Trek fanatic)

Example: You know you're a trekkie when you base personal research off of things that you saw on the show.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You know you're a trekkie when you can correctly use the word 'trekkie' in a sentence that is sensitive to its meaning.

I only have ten posts per page. :tongue:

You know you're a trekkie when your video collection looks like this:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/907/ds9vhspv9.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you're a trekkie when the room you watch the videos in looks like this:
bridge%20p3thum.jpg

http://www.reighn.com/theaterphoto.html

(not me I hasten to add - of course if it was Alien instead ... )

Last edited:
You know you're a trekkie when you pay over half a million dollars for the model of the Enterprise-D.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/enterprise-model-sells-for-576000-at-star-trek-auction_article_1935

You know you're a trekkie when you know what series used the Enterprise-D.

You know you're an idiot when you think the Enterprise-D model is an investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to name names but -
You know your a trekkie when you describe a galaxy in the HDF image as shaped like a klingon warship - in a paper to a refereed journal.

The astronomer-trekkie in question of course gave the precise ship class and model, so everyone else would know which galaxy in the field he was describing.

You know you're a trekkie when you understand the significance of a flute.

You know you're a trekkie if you can speak Klingon.

You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...

NBAJam100 said:
You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...

What?

It is said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
What?

It said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:

All of the experiences I've ever had with trekkies (maybe 4-5 total) have involved them talking about how they hate star wars and how star trek is so much better hahaha

You know you're a trekkie when you argue to your physics teacher about a wrong answer by saying that Q could change the laws of physics at any time.

You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.

Topher925 said:
You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.

You know you're a trekkie when you feel the compulsion to point out that Romulan is actually spelled with an a.

You know you're a trekkie when you tell the police that missing people have been assimilated.

New subject: procrastinator

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get around to sending in that application to Procrastinators Anonymous.

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get started on yesterday's homwork.

You know you're a procrastinator when you will reply to this thread later when you feel like it.

Likes Irol
You know you are a procrastinator when strange things start growing between your toe's.

You will never know you're a procrastinator if you're good enough at it.

You know you're a procrastinator when you uh ... you have ... you do ... just a sec, I'll get right back to you.

You know you are a procrastinator when you start doing all the problems in the book. Just because you don't want to do the ones that were assigned.

You know you are a procrastinator when you know you are a trekkie when you decide to have a kid because you heard Dr. Spock wrote a book about raising them.

you know you're a procrastinator when household chores become more interesting than doing assignments

You know your a procrastinator if you're reading this.

As of now I'm scratching the new page rule (just because I can).

New Topic: adrenaline junkie

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you have to jump off of the roller-coaster.

Youknowyou'reanadrenalinejunkiewhenyou break every bone in your body, and then say cool let's do that again.

You know you're a procrastinator when ... shoot, I'm too late.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you're compelled to shut down the "you know you're a procrastinator" thread prematurely. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Redbelly98 said:
You know you're a procrastinator when ... shoot, I'm too late.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you're compelled to shut down the "you know you're a procrastinator" thread prematurely. :biggrin:

I gave all of you procrastinators a jolt there :biggrin:.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you tell the dentist that novacaine is for wimps.

Ivan Seeking said:
...when you consider this a day of touring the hills in a 4X4

:rofl:

You know you're an Adrenaline Junkie if you're reading this

<h2>1. What is a Trekkie?</h2><p>A Trekkie is a person who is a fan of the science fiction television and movie franchise, Star Trek. They are known for their passion and dedication to the series and its characters.</p><h2>2. What is the defining moment of being a Trekkie?</h2><p>The defining moment of being a Trekkie is when you realize your love and dedication for the Star Trek franchise. This could be through watching an episode, attending a convention, or even just discussing the series with other fans.</p><h2>3. How can I become a Trekkie?</h2><p>To become a Trekkie, you can start by watching the various Star Trek series and movies. You can also join online communities and attend conventions to connect with other fans and deepen your knowledge and love for the franchise.</p><h2>4. Is being a Trekkie just about watching the shows and movies?</h2><p>No, being a Trekkie is much more than just watching the shows and movies. It is about the passion and dedication to the franchise, the values and messages it promotes, and the sense of community among fans.</p><h2>5. Are there different levels of being a Trekkie?</h2><p>Yes, there are different levels of being a Trekkie. Some fans may only watch the shows and movies casually, while others may be deeply involved in the fandom and attend conventions and events. There is no right or wrong way to be a Trekkie, as long as you have a love and appreciation for the franchise.</p>

1. What is a Trekkie?

A Trekkie is a person who is a fan of the science fiction television and movie franchise, Star Trek. They are known for their passion and dedication to the series and its characters.

2. What is the defining moment of being a Trekkie?

The defining moment of being a Trekkie is when you realize your love and dedication for the Star Trek franchise. This could be through watching an episode, attending a convention, or even just discussing the series with other fans.

3. How can I become a Trekkie?

To become a Trekkie, you can start by watching the various Star Trek series and movies. You can also join online communities and attend conventions to connect with other fans and deepen your knowledge and love for the franchise.

4. Is being a Trekkie just about watching the shows and movies?

No, being a Trekkie is much more than just watching the shows and movies. It is about the passion and dedication to the franchise, the values and messages it promotes, and the sense of community among fans.

5. Are there different levels of being a Trekkie?

Yes, there are different levels of being a Trekkie. Some fans may only watch the shows and movies casually, while others may be deeply involved in the fandom and attend conventions and events. There is no right or wrong way to be a Trekkie, as long as you have a love and appreciation for the franchise.