Are You a Trekkie? Share Your Defining Moment!

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, every 16 posts, someone will give a new word that can be defined as a classification of a person or a description of a person. Then, someone will respond with a situation that defines that person.
Math Jeans
This is a game that I just seem to have thought of and I thought would be interesting based on the way that most people in this forum think.

Every 16 posts (every page), someone gives a new word that can be defined as a classification of a person or a description of a person.

Then you respond with a situation that defines that person.

Word: Trekkie (a Star Trek fanatic)

Example: You know you're a trekkie when you base personal research off of things that you saw on the show.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You know you're a trekkie when you can correctly use the word 'trekkie' in a sentence that is sensitive to its meaning.

I only have ten posts per page. :tongue:

You know you're a trekkie when your video collection looks like this:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/907/ds9vhspv9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you're a trekkie when the room you watch the videos in looks like this:
bridge%20p3thum.jpg

http://www.reighn.com/theaterphoto.html

(not me I hasten to add - of course if it was Alien instead ... )

Last edited:
You know you're a trekkie when you pay over half a million dollars for the model of the Enterprise-D.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/enterprise-model-sells-for-576000-at-star-trek-auction_article_1935

You know you're a trekkie when you know what series used the Enterprise-D.

You know you're an idiot when you think the Enterprise-D model is an investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to name names but -
You know your a trekkie when you describe a galaxy in the HDF image as shaped like a klingon warship - in a paper to a refereed journal.

The astronomer-trekkie in question of course gave the precise ship class and model, so everyone else would know which galaxy in the field he was describing.

You know you're a trekkie when you understand the significance of a flute.

You know you're a trekkie if you can speak Klingon.

You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...

NBAJam100 said:
You know you're a trekkie if you hate star wars...

What?

It is said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
What?

It said that you know you're a Whovian if you hate Star Trek, but I don't buy that one either.

I loved Star Wars, I loved Star Trek, and I even had a dog named after Dr. Who. However, I did date in high school, so maybe I'm not a true trekkie. :biggrin:

All of the experiences I've ever had with trekkies (maybe 4-5 total) have involved them talking about how they hate star wars and how star trek is so much better hahaha

You know you're a trekkie when you argue to your physics teacher about a wrong answer by saying that Q could change the laws of physics at any time.

You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.

Topher925 said:
You know your a trekkie when you open negotiations with the Romulens in order to ascertain a cloaking device.

You know you're a trekkie when you feel the compulsion to point out that Romulan is actually spelled with an a.

You know you're a trekkie when you tell the police that missing people have been assimilated.

New subject: procrastinator

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get around to sending in that application to Procrastinators Anonymous.

You know you're a procrastinator when you finally get started on yesterday's homwork.

You know you're a procrastinator when you will reply to this thread later when you feel like it.

Likes Irol
You know you are a procrastinator when strange things start growing between your toe's.

You will never know you're a procrastinator if you're good enough at it.

You know you're a procrastinator when you uh ... you have ... you do ... just a sec, I'll get right back to you.

You know you are a procrastinator when you start doing all the problems in the book. Just because you don't want to do the ones that were assigned.

You know you are a procrastinator when you know you are a trekkie when you decide to have a kid because you heard Dr. Spock wrote a book about raising them.

you know you're a procrastinator when household chores become more interesting than doing assignments

You know your a procrastinator if you're reading this.

As of now I'm scratching the new page rule (just because I can).

New Topic: adrenaline junkie

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you have to jump off of the roller-coaster.

Youknowyou'reanadrenalinejunkiewhenyou break every bone in your body, and then say cool let's do that again.

You know you're a procrastinator when ... shoot, I'm too late.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you're compelled to shut down the "you know you're a procrastinator" thread prematurely. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Redbelly98 said:
You know you're a procrastinator when ... shoot, I'm too late.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you're compelled to shut down the "you know you're a procrastinator" thread prematurely. :biggrin:

I gave all of you procrastinators a jolt there :biggrin:.

You know you're an adrenaline junkie when you tell the dentist that novacaine is for wimps.

Ivan Seeking said:
...when you consider this a day of touring the hills in a 4X4

:rofl:

You know you're an Adrenaline Junkie if you're reading this