Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You know you're tired

1. Dec 1, 2006 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You know you're tired when you open a browser but don't know why.

You stare into your makeup compact of face powder and wonder where the calculator keypad went. :bugeye:

You call someone and when they answer you don't remember who they are or why you called them.

I'm tired. :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2006 #2

berkeman

You're not going to be driving any time soon, are you?

4. Dec 1, 2006 #3
    When I'm watching TV late at night while fighting to keep my eyes open sometimes the TV screen splits into two images. My eye muscles can no longer hold my eyes correctly.

5. Dec 1, 2006 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Time to crash, sis. Lay down. Rest those peepers. It's dreamtime.

6. Dec 1, 2006 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Have a good night's sleep. You have earned it! :smile:

7. Dec 1, 2006 #6

Evo

Yeah, and the streets are covered with ice and snow, we had ten inches of snow over 2 inches of ice. :zzz:

The good news is I understand that people that are unconcious when they crash suffer fewer injuries than those that are concious.

8. Dec 1, 2006 #7

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Curl up in bed with a cup of warm milk and relax...

BUT no chocolate before bed evo :tongue2:

9. Dec 1, 2006 #8

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whenever I get to a computer, I open an internet browser, then realize I had no reason to and close it. It's just a habit

10. Dec 1, 2006 #9
    lol, whenever I open firefox, I type in www.ph, press the down key, press enter, and then realize that I wanted to go to www.cnn.com

Habit

11. Dec 1, 2006 #10
    Hehe, I've had that happen to me several times. Usually around 2AM after a boring night at home alone :frown: I sit by the computer, stare at it a little, open up the browser, and wonder why the hell I'm not going of to bed.

Hope you had a good night's sleep :wink:

12. Dec 1, 2006 #11
    Lol I've done this opening browser and forgetting why I wanted to open it many times. Other things include:

Answering the phone in the morning when the alarm goes off
    Going to shave in the morning and using my tooth brush
    Sliding my credit card instead of my student ID at the prt (transportation system at the university here)
    etc...

13. Dec 1, 2006 #12

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

.....when you daren't sit down for fear of never standing up again.

14. Dec 1, 2006 #13

radou

Homework Helper

That sounds particularly familiar. :rofl:

I often stay online because I often can't sleep - and I hate it when I can't sleep, so I actually stay online because of the phobia of not being able to sleep, although I'd most likely be able to sleep most of the time. :biggrin:

15. Dec 1, 2006 #14

Astronuc

and you sound stressed. Hoot's recommendation sounds good.

Well don't crash! If you have to go out, please drive carefully. Get yourself home safely - and stay there! *stern but kind smiley face*

I heard its really bad out in Kansas, and people have lost power around Missouri.

We just had a severe thunderstorm blow through here and this area is under a tornado warning until 10pm local time.

16. Dec 1, 2006 #15

Evo

I'm safely at home. The animals are fed and happy, I have my flannel polar bear pajamas on and a plastic cup filled with Fresca and vodka. Now I'm no longer tired. :frown:

17. Dec 1, 2006 #16

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just keep topping with vodka, that shoulddo the trick. :smile:

18. Dec 1, 2006 #17

Astronuc

I am glad to see that you are safely home, but why the :frown: ?

19. Dec 1, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I guess that's better than going to brush your teeth in the morning and using your razor! :bugeye:

I'm rather fond of trying to walk in the exit and then get confused when I can't figure out where to slide my ID. Thank goodness I don't need to use it very often (but it always seems to be when I'm very tired and would rather not be heading to one of the other campuses).

When are we going to meet up anyway? If I can go to Disney to meet Zz and Philly to meet Russ and NJ to meet ST, surely I can manage to cross University Ave to meet you! :rofl:

20. Dec 1, 2006 #19
    Anytime you want. I got all break to do absolutely nothing and staying in motown...would love to meet the great Moonbear! :biggrin:

21. Dec 2, 2006 #20

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: For me it's the other way around - my phone rings and wakes me up then I keep pressing the snooze button and wondering why it isn't shutting up. It's very disorienting!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?