Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You know

1. Jun 29, 2005 #1
    I miss the old days when all the mentors slept at night and insomniacs like me and Franz ruled PF by night. Now look: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=80638

All locked! And for no better reason than they were so-called 'spam'.

Seriously, where is franz!? I'm going to need my minions back if I'm going to overthrow this corrupt autocracy of Greg and his mentors.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When have I ever slept at night?

I just have not worried much about GD. But, now that I have some time on my hands.... :devil:
  4. Jun 29, 2005 #3
    What's the point of locking threads in GD, unless it's actually abominable and offending someone? I mean the fourm is mostly for messing around..(the Thread Killers thread being case in point).. . don't see why we can't have a little spam.
  5. Jun 29, 2005 #4

Gold Member

:cry: don't bring up franzbear!
  6. Jun 29, 2005 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: Have you looked around here lately? There's been more than just a little spam. Even the thread-killer thread deteriorated to little more than spam. It didn't start out that way, we used to have conversations around here, even if they were goofy, non-serious ones. I don't think Smurf realizes that even his insomnia threads made more sense than several of the current threads.
  7. Jun 29, 2005 #6
    HERE HERE!! i still remember the days when i first joined, and like GD was dead... its crazy the amount of stuff that just gets posted now.
  8. Jun 29, 2005 #7
    Yeah I liked the thread killer thread, because it allowed me to ask questions or post ideas that did not deserve a new thread, but now it is gone, and I have no where to ask :cry:
  9. Jun 29, 2005 #8
    we should have a random questions thread.
  10. Jun 29, 2005 #9

Gold Member

it's done ;) :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?