Where's Franz? The Missing Insomniac Leader of PF?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the four moderators have locked all the threads in order to stop the spam. Franz is missing and the community is unhappy.
Smurf
Physics news on Phys.org
When have I ever slept at night?

I just have not worried much about GD. But, now that I have some time on my hands... :devil:

What's the point of locking threads in GD, unless it's actually abominable and offending someone? I mean the fourm is mostly for messing around..(the Thread Killers thread being case in point).. . don't see why we can't have a little spam.

:cry: don't bring up franzbear!

Knavish said:
What's the point of locking threads in GD, unless it's actually abominable and offending someone? I mean the fourm is mostly for messing around..(the Thread Killers thread being case in point).. . don't see why we can't have a little spam.
:uhh: Have you looked around here lately? There's been more than just a little spam. Even the thread-killer thread deteriorated to little more than spam. It didn't start out that way, we used to have conversations around here, even if they were goofy, non-serious ones. I don't think Smurf realizes that even his insomnia threads made more sense than several of the current threads.

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Have you looked around here lately? There's been more than just a little spam. Even the thread-killer thread deteriorated to little more than spam. It didn't start out that way, we used to have conversations around here, even if they were goofy, non-serious ones. I don't think Smurf realizes that even his insomnia threads made more sense than several of the current threads.

HERE HERE! i still remember the days when i first joined, and like GD was dead... its crazy the amount of stuff that just gets posted now.

Yeah I liked the thread killer thread, because it allowed me to ask questions or post ideas that did not deserve a new thread, but now it is gone, and I have no where to ask :cry:

we should have a random questions thread.

it's done ;) :wink:

What is "You know"?

"You know" is a phrase commonly used in spoken language to indicate that the speaker assumes the listener understands or agrees with what is being said.

Is "You know" grammatically correct?

"You know" is not considered a complete sentence and therefore may not be considered grammatically correct. It is more commonly used in informal speech and may not be appropriate for formal or written language.

Why do people say "You know" so often?

People say "You know" as a filler phrase or a way to continue speaking without pausing. It can also be used to seek confirmation or agreement from the listener.

Is "You know" used in other languages?

Many languages have similar filler phrases that serve a similar purpose to "You know". For example, in Spanish, "¿sabes?" and in French, "tu sais?" are commonly used expressions that are similar to "You know".

Can "You know" have different meanings?

Yes, the meaning of "You know" can vary depending on the context and tone in which it is used. It can convey agreement, understanding, or simply serve as a filler phrase. It is important to consider the context and tone when interpreting the meaning of "You know".