Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You People Need Lives

1. Jun 28, 2005 #1
    You People Need Lives!!

Seriously, get away from the computer

There is a whole world outside of GD. It's time for you to experience it. I call it life. (except you danger, you're not ready for it yet)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2005 #2
    You should take your own advice to avoid instances like this one.

4. Jun 28, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think something really weird happens after midnight around here that changes all the threads to meaningless banter. :tongue2:

5. Jun 28, 2005 #4
    how dare you insult the all powerful spaghetti monster. he might smite you with his noodley appendage.

6. Jun 28, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you weren't underage, I'd have a really good reply to that. :grumpy:

7. Jun 28, 2005 #6
    eh, we'll just say i'm 18. what's ur reply?

8. Jun 28, 2005 #7
    I always wanted a life :frown:. The non-standard smiley codes on PF bug me.

9. Jun 28, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Of course, when it comes to utterly inane threads, what could possibly top this?

10. Jun 28, 2005 #9
    You mean we should go ...out there? {points to window}

11. Jun 28, 2005 #10
    I'm at work. This is my life while I'm at work.

12. Jun 28, 2005 #11
    Do any of you have any idea how many times I have forgotten the name "Alcibiades" today and last night? It's like five or six times.

13. Jun 28, 2005 #12
    He's 17 Moonie. He's old enough to say things to just not old enough to touch.
    Ofcourse if he doesn't get it on his own then maybe you shouldn't tell him. :devil:

14. Jun 28, 2005 #13
    Alcibiades--the general who defected to Sparta from Athens, then defected from Sparta to Athens, then was exiled. Among other things, he was known for the horses and chariots he owned and his extravagant displays of wealth.

15. Jun 28, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's pretty much my view on it. Innocents are hard to come by these days, and with all the activity going on around the ring of fire, we might need a few to sacrifice to the volcano gods. :devil: :biggrin:

16. Jun 28, 2005 #15
    Funny you should mention gods and... (shall not disturb the innocents) ...in relation to one another... because one of the reasons why Alcibiades defected to Sparta was that his enemies in Athens were going to put him on trial for crimes against religion, one of which was the defacement of the herms, which were statues of Hermes that had extensive... (shall not disturb the innocents) ...imagery.

17. Jun 28, 2005 #16
    the age of consent is 16

18. Jun 28, 2005 #17
    Perhaps there it is. I've also heard that in states where the age of consent is under 18 there are generally certain stipulations to that as well. When you turn 18, no matter what, you are legally an adult.

19. Jun 28, 2005 #18
    i am only 17, but i have a VISA. how does that work?

20. Jun 28, 2005 #19
    ya, in NH, my wonderful home-state, its 16. in Mass though, where i go to school, its 18. so for the summer i'm legal, when i go back to school i'm not...

So, smurf's already bailed on his own thread eh? see, its thread negligence that causes problems, not the threads themselves. tsk tsk.

21. Jun 29, 2005 #20
    Just because I'm not a chatterbox like you....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?