Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You TOO can be royalty

1. Dec 5, 2004 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You TOO can be royalty!!!

The "name a star after someone" thread reminded me of this special offer:

http://www.regaltitles.com

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2004 #2
    Yay! Everyone becomes royalty and then no one is special!

It probably wouldn't work if you're an American though... Americans have no former history with socially accepted royalty (although our own version of super-CEOs tend to be our notion of the elite) and they would probably be subsequently beaten up (imagine a lord/baron with an distinct American accent).

Hmm... can't one just legally change their first name to "Lord" to bypass this mess altogether and save money?

That doesn't seem logical. People with titles of "Lord" like to live rich, thus employing those types of people would be prohibitively expensive.

4. Dec 5, 2004 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

motai, I've been wondering what to get you for Christmas. A fancy title might be just the thing!

5. Dec 5, 2004 #4
    what of my life goals is to declare my own country, just buy an island off the coast of BC, get sovereignity rights, and declare myself emperor =D

6. Dec 5, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...I'm trying to decide which I'd prefer, Lady Moonbear or Princess Moonbear? I considered Queen Moonbear, but that just didn't have the right ring to it. I sort of fancy the idea of men bowing down before me, kissing the back of my hand and addressing me as M'Lady. :biggrin:

7. Dec 5, 2004 #6
    I like Princess Moonbear a bit more.

8. Dec 5, 2004 #7
    Lady Math Is Hard

Why is it the man pushing this only calls himself Steven Scott sans Regal Title? Perhaps he is only playing the fool to catch the wise elitist wannabees. If you look closely at his photo you can see he has been laughing so hard over all this he nearly soiled himself. :tongue2:

9. Dec 5, 2004 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey- you're right!! Why isn't he Lord Steven Scott?? Whaddup with that? Doesn't believe in his own product?

10. Dec 5, 2004 #9
    Too busy making a Royal Killing to take time, I would venture.

11. Dec 5, 2004 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just like the idea of being able to say OFF WITH HIS HEAD! And then having my faithful army carry out my commands.
    No wait, I guess that doesn't come with the title.
    shoot!

12. Dec 5, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Darn!

Okay, I think I'll go with Princess Moonbear.

13. Dec 6, 2004 #12

matthyaouw

Gold Member

By far the easiest way to get yourself such a title is to legally change your first name to "Duke" or "Baron" etc, so that people would have to address you as such.

14. Dec 8, 2004 #13

Dukenukem would be great :biggrin: :rofl:

15. Dec 8, 2004 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu says that I'm a royal pain the butt. Does that count as royalty?

16. Dec 8, 2004 #15
    Yes it does, butt only in certain areas... :rofl:

17. Dec 8, 2004 #16
    A pox upon thine enemies, Your Highness. (Bowing low) I pledge thee my service and that as well of all my servants and oafs (jimmy p and Tribdog). We shall ride in defense of your holdings and shall slay any challengers to your honour and blessed name, fair princess. Your faithful servant, Sir Artman the Elder of Jersey (New).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?