Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You

1. Apr 10, 2004 #1
    It seems we don't know (or maybe it's just me) too much about eachother. So a few details about yourself would be good. You know, like credit card information, PIN, social security number, etc. :biggrin:

Me:
    Well, I'll be 13 on May 6, (I'm one of the young ones)and I'm in seventh grade. I like physics, cynicism, making fun of country music and wannabee persuasive people. I like humour, and I collect knives (odd hobby, i know)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2004 #2
    Aw Shucks. Can't I just paypal you some money instead. Wait a minute, you didn't mention Paypal. Better luck next time.

4. Apr 10, 2004 #3
    Hey, that's totally fine. I can do paypal, or you could just mail me the straight dough. Whatever works for you to send that money is fine.

Just remember: Your cash is our cash.

5. Apr 10, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When I was a kid I collected knives...I always appreciated the craftsmanship in a quality knife. It started out with Boy Scout and hunting knives, but then I started buying them just because they were cool.

I also learned that I should never spread mayo with a good knife. :frown:

6. Apr 10, 2004 #5

Janitor

Science Advisor

1. green
    2. my Aunt Betty
    3. coffee, with cream, no sugar
    4. Yoko Ono
    5. more than a week ago
    6. very hairy
    7. only when intoxicated
    8. jelly beans
    9. rutabagas

:redface:

7. Apr 10, 2004 #6
    I too was fond of knives. I used to have a butterfly knife or commonly referred to in my country as the Balisong, similar to the one The Punisher was holding on one scene. I used to apply oil on it to make the joints looser thereby making it easy to perform neat tricks on it.

8. Apr 10, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Janitor,

You got number 5 wrong, man.

- Warren

9. Apr 10, 2004 #8
    I'm really getting into those tactical knives from places like Cold Steel and Spyderco. The neighbors must think it a bit odd when I go in my back yard to practice with throwing knives. It all gets a bit expensive after a while though, especially if you appreciate steel quality.

Oh yeah, and my name is Corey bytheway. Or Corky if you want.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  10. Apr 10, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

James, 19, slight/medium build, dark hair, dark eyes, mediteranean looks, 5'10, GSOH, willing to travel anywhere...

DAMN!!! wrong website... :(

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  11. Apr 10, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm crotchety, set in my own ways, I don't have a life, I work way too much, I'm all alone and unloved, and my cat vomited in my shoe this morning and I didn't notice until it was too late. :eek:

12. Apr 10, 2004 #11
    hey, at least you have a sunny disposition and nobody is ever alone when they have PF in their life and when you are a part of PF you are never unloved. The only problem I see is that your feet smell so bad they can gag a cat.

13. Apr 10, 2004 #12

Evo

Are you saying some Odor Eaters are all that stand between me and true love?? :frown:

14. Apr 10, 2004 #13

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm 31 years old, my favorite color is blue, and my turn-ons include long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners, and jello wrestling.

Got my BS in Engineering from RPI [sarcasm]in wonderful Troy, NY[/sarcasm] in 1995. Liked the school so much I stuck around to go for my PhD in theoretical subatomic physics. Unfortunately, my thesis advisor died and I lost my funding, so now I'm on leave of absence (anyone want to send me 27 grand a year so I can finish?). Now, I'm teaching math as an adjunct at a local college, and it looks like I'll get hired as a full professor. If that happens, I'll get the funding I need to change my userid to "Doctor Tom". Keep your fingers crossed for me.

My favorite subjects are the Standard Model (no kidding!), mathematical logic, and analytic philosophy. I am also making an attempt to learn string theory and LQG, thanks to some handy online resources I found.

15. Apr 10, 2004 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My gosh Evo, I thought that after the Academy Awards you were on your way to New Zealand. :eek:

We all love you. The cat vomit is just kitty's way of saying "think of me today...I'm with you mom". :biggrin:

16. Apr 10, 2004 #15
    Never underestimate the importance of personal hygeine. In fact if you are looking for true love I have only two suggestions: personal hygeine and oral sex.

17. Apr 10, 2004 #16

Evo

I've been avoiding making that decision. I've got less than 2 months to decide. Bad timing. :frown:

18. Apr 10, 2004 #17

Evo

or personal sex and oral hygiene. :biggrin:

19. Apr 10, 2004 #18
    okay. name the time and place and I'll be there.

20. Apr 10, 2004 #19

Evo

A true romantic. :smile:

I have been to Troy, NY. I am sure it's a wonderful place. :wink:

21. Apr 10, 2004 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

Now they are VERY closely linked... *shudder* :eek:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?