How young is too young to be a parent?

• Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Young
In summary: Sun today. Yuck.I love how the only British news stories worth talking about are things like this. I have to say I was pretty shocked when I saw this the other day, since the guy looks about 8, and the girl about 16! There was one picture in the Sun yesterday with the child in the boys arms, while he was holding a playstation controller, staring at a TV screen and giving the kid absolutely no attention. The poor baby; he really doesn't have much of a chance. It really makes me sick that this family is cashing in on the 'novelty' when it's a child's life that's at stake here.
mcknia07
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece"

Really young parents!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Want a baby Mcknia?

Umm, nope, I don't think so! Do you??

Holy (expletive(s))...

Thats really all I have to say.

mcknia07 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece"

Really young parents!

He looks like 6 to me :rofl: But the girl looks like 10 year older.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcknia07 said:
Umm, nope, I don't think so! Do you??

How about making a baby, without the end product.

rootX said:
He looks like 6 to me :rofl: But the girl looks like 10 year older.

I thought that girl was his mom!

They must be teaching a lot more in schools now a days, than I had ever thought.

wow, that's creepy-looking. but i have to say I'm impressed.

What's to be impressed about?

mcknia07 said:
They must be teaching a lot more in schools now a days, than I had ever thought.

Or maybe they aren't teaching enough!

Only one word came to my mind: a**-****! I felt like they were influenced by movies / other media ... (just an indefensible feeling)

I think it should be illegal to have kids before 18 or 22 (they should do compulsory abortions).

Math Is Hard said:
Or maybe they aren't teaching enough!

That could be it, too. But when I was that young, I knew nothing about sex.

I think people need to take a test to be allowed to have children!

mcknia07 said:
What's to be impressed about?

dude's a stud.

mcknia07 said:

Agree!

Something like
- how good is their relationship going
- if they can afford a kid
- how psychological fit they are

(will solve lots of problems)

And I think a mandatory drug test should be administered, that will weed out a lot of people. Let's put our idea into effect :biggrin:

oh yeah, baby, BRING BACK EUGENICS!

Proton Soup said:
dude's a stud.

Well this "dude" you so speak of, is like how much younger than you? :wink:

mcknia07 said:
Well this "dude" you so speak of, is like how much younger than you? :wink:

i'm thrice his age.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to be like him? Did you want a kid at that age?

no, i like to think i was smarter than that. but i do think having sex with a girl two years older than me at his age would've been quite the confidence builder.

I'm not sure it was that much of a confidence boost, I mean it did say that the girl and her family are on government funding as it is now, with how many children. Sounds as if they both were looking for attention.

mcknia07 said:
I'm not sure it was that much of a confidence boost, I mean it did say that the girl and her family are on government funding as it is now, with how many children. Sounds as if they both were looking for attention.

eh? i remember being 15 and wanting to get in a girl's pants. it wasn't about attention, it was about sex. i certainly didn't want to get caught by adults, either.

Maybe guys think about it way more than girls do, I was never that way!

mcknia07 said:
Maybe guys think about it way more than girls do, I was never that way!

yes, that is the joy of testosterone. :biggrin:

Thank God I don't have those problems, (Ah, the joys of being a female!) :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:

1 test:

Show them a map of the world and say: "point to where you are".
If you aren't within, say, 150 miles of where you currently are in the world, you automatically get sterilized o:)

Think that is reasonable?

mplayer said:
1 test:

Show them a map of the world and say: "point to where you are".
If you aren't within, say, 150 miles of where you currently are in the world, you automatically get sterilized o:)

Think that is reasonable?

Ah, too easy! It needs to be fairly large and very detailed. Oh, plus they should be timed!

WOW! I had read the story, but never seen a picture of the little boy - that is just ridiculous!

this is getting more Jerry Springerish by the minute

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?13-year-old_dad_has_rivals_to_parental_claim&in_article_id=537584&in_page_id=34

Sigh.. I love how the only British news stories worth talking about are things like this. I have to say I was pretty shocked when I saw this the other day, since the guy looks about 8, and the girl about 16! There was one picture in the Sun yesterday with the child in the boys arms, while he was holding a playstation controller, staring at a TV screen and giving the kid absolutely no attention. The poor baby; he really doesn't have much of a chance. It really makes me sick that this family is cashing in on the 'novelty' when it's a child's life that's at stake here. For the past four days, the Sun has had a story on this, with about 6 pages devoted to it yesterday. Oh, and you should see the picture of the girl's mother!

What is the minimum age for becoming a parent?

The minimum age for becoming a parent varies by country and state, but in most places, the legal age of consent is between 16-18 years old. However, this does not necessarily mean that someone at this age is emotionally or financially ready to become a parent.

What are the risks associated with being a young parent?

There are several risks associated with being a young parent, including higher rates of poverty, lower levels of education and job opportunities, and increased chances of health complications for both the parent and child. Young parents also often face social stigma and isolation.

At what age is a person considered physically and emotionally mature enough to be a parent?

There is no specific age at which a person is considered physically and emotionally mature enough to be a parent. It is important to consider individual factors such as maturity level, financial stability, and support systems when determining if someone is ready to become a parent.

What are the benefits of waiting to become a parent?

Waiting to become a parent can have several benefits, including being able to finish education, establish a career, and gain financial stability. It also allows for more time to emotionally and mentally prepare for the responsibilities of parenthood.

How can society support young parents?

Society can support young parents by providing access to education, job opportunities, and affordable healthcare. It is also important to reduce the stigma and discrimination faced by young parents and provide them with emotional and social support networks.