1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your advices are welcome here!

1. Jan 1, 2010 #1
    I posted this early in Career Guidance section, but haven't received any replies, so I'll try again here.

Here's the situation:
    I'm currently on my 2nd year at Physics BSc (Europe: 3 years to get the BSc, then another 2 for Master's and 4 till PhD), preparing for winter exams (Electricity+Magnetism, Analytical Mechanics, Partial dif. equations). The problem is, I don't seem to like all that stuff much enough, to learn all this perfectly. I mean, I will, most definitely, get at least B (C -worst way), but I don't feel the passion to learn, which I think is necessary to become successful. I guess it's because of the lack of interest. During high school, I participated in physics and math contests, even got some prizes on national level (never made it to international though). Also in school there were all A's (w/o studying too hard, maybe that's why I'm just not able to study something zealously), so it was possible to get to any programme (at least at my local university), but such wide choice only made it harder to decide. I thought about economics, then medicine, IT, math, but finally went into physics. I guess that wasn't the best option.

Right now it's too late to change the programme to something completely new, and I don't think it's necessary, half of journey to first degree is almost done. Also, physics education forms solid base for almost any speciality, so it won't be a waste of time. However, I could use your advices to determine, what to do next. My current "plan" is to take minor in Computer Engineering, so it would be possible to take CE as a MSc programme. Another way is to enroll in Medical Physics Master programme which looks like an interesting mix of technology and medicine. I know, it's hard to recommend something without knowing someone personally, but if You had some similar situations, please, share your thoughts. Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted