Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your best pickup lines

1. Nov 17, 2008 #1
    There's nothing like going to the bar and hitting on some random girls with the worst pickup line ever to be conceived by man. I've heard some good ones over the years but these two are my favorites;

"Hey there! You know, my two favorite things are commitment and changing myself."

and for the science nerd....

"I just received a large research grant for a two day experimental study to find your g-spot."

Anyone else got any?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2008 #2
    Re: You're best pickup lines

wow........that's lame and sad.

4. Nov 17, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

5. Nov 17, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Get thi coart tha's pulled

6. Nov 17, 2008 #5

Bummer. Didn't know. I'll just let it die since I can't figure out how to lock a thread.

7. Nov 17, 2008 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Don't scream..."

Stolen from a very funny, very evil friend of mine.

8. Nov 17, 2008 #7

Evo

There are always new bad lines to be added. :biggrin:

9. Nov 17, 2008 #8

turbo

Gold Member

Topher, the most effective line ever is the one least likely to raise skepticism in the mind of the recipient AND the least overtly sexual.

"Wow. You have the most beautiful eyes..."

I'm an old fart, so I KNOW this one is an ice-breaker! Don't abuse the power that I have granted you.

10. Nov 17, 2008 #9

hahaha..........oh how times have changed. I say the MOST overtly sexual thing I can say. And I mean overt.

No offense, but saying 'you have the most beautiful eyes' is lame.

Please, don't anyone ever use that line ever. EVER!

11. Nov 17, 2008 #10

turbo

Gold Member

You don't want to die a bachelor, do you? Scoring is one thing - getting in tight with a potential mate is another thing entirely.

12. Nov 17, 2008 #11

What's that gotta do with anything?

Let me translate 'you have the most beautiful eyes' for you in modern day language.

Hi! My name is turbo-1! I want to have sex with you. I think you look purdy. I'm going to use a korny line from 30 years ago because I have no personality! What's that? You're friend arrived and you have to go now? .......I'll wait here incase you guys come back! ...................20 mins later (she never comes back).

Yeahhhhhhhh.............seriously. NEVER EVER EVER^EVER use that line anymore.

It lacks any confidence or creativity. It's something I'd expect to hear from the most boring person in the world if I took them to a bar. It's creepy.

My best advice though: Don't go to a bar looking for a 'potential mate to be tight with'. Although, sharing STD's probably brings people closer together?

13. Nov 17, 2008 #12

If a guy can honestly say that line, and really know what your eyes look like, now that's a plus. But.....it doesn't work too often, the line is too old, we have caught on....

14. Nov 17, 2008 #13

turbo

Gold Member

Cy, listen to your elders. Young ladies are often into insecurity and self-criticism when they are in public, even when they are posing and acting hot. When you say "You have beautiful eyes", you take her to a place where the size of her chest and the shapeliness of her butt, and the length of her legs, and the glory of her hair-do is out of play. Ask Evo, Moonie, and the other sisters. If a guy seems interested in a lady and offers such an innocuous (though heart-felt) little compliment, she WILL care. If you want, I'll start a PF lady's poll to see whether they want an overtly sexist come-on, or a nice innocuous compliment that indicates interest. Want to bet where they will come down?

15. Nov 17, 2008 #14

The only time you can get away with that line is if you are in a nice restaurant with a girl and your waiting for your food talking and you hold her hand and tell her that.

If you say that in a BAR she is going to roll her eyes and walk away.

16. Nov 17, 2008 #15

Tell ya what. Let's go to a bar/club and use your line and watch us get shot down, one after another after another after another after another after another .............aftear another after another.

I'm sorry, but you're flat out wrong. This isnt 1970s. I dont know what 'insecurity' had to do with anything either. You're making false arguments.

17. Nov 17, 2008 #16

That's true, it all kinda does matter where the location is...

18. Nov 17, 2008 #17

Evo

turbo, that line didn't even work 30 years ago. "you have the most beautiful eyes", "you have the most sensuous lips", "you have the most beautiful smile", etc.... They don't work.

19. Nov 17, 2008 #18

I prefer you have nice boobs. Either they laugh and I get to touch them, or they roll their eyes. Hell if I care one way or another.

20. Nov 17, 2008 #19

And how often have you actually got a girl that way?? lol

21. Nov 17, 2008 #20

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can someone please, please just change the title..."You're" to "Your"...oh god, please...?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?