Your Craziest Lab Experience

• Thread starter Entropia
  • Start date
Post your most crazy/embaressing/memorable etc. experience in lab here

Answers and Replies

Plugging electrolytic capacitors into an electrical outlet, so when the teacher turned on the circuit breaker - BLAM!!!

...or having him assign us to apply a "ball-peen hammer" for imploding a cathode ray tube out at the dumpster (eye protection?)

I always enjoyed putting the magnesium strips next to the bunson burner. I even "permenently borrowed" a few strips, but they have since been changed into other molecules.

steppenwolf
imagine... a whole class of girls crowded around a chicken being dissected by the teacher. a slice of the scalpel and the neck is open, the teacher reaches in, pulls a tendon and the beak and eyes of the chicken open in a very possessed chiken sort of way, people could here the screams for miles.

I have poured concentrated (2M) sulphuric acid, concentrated bleaching solution (containing hypochlorite ion) and potassium iodide solution together!! a think layer of bubbles formed on top of the solution inside a 100 cm^3 beaker!! Then the whole laboratory was filled with poisonous chlorine gas and iodine gas !! I inhaled quite a lot of the gases, was afraid that I would kill my classmates and myself in the lab. :smile:

KL Kam

Thermocouples and Liquid Nitrogen

I managed to burn myself once with liquid nitrogen . Really hurt as well.