Your Definitions of Good and Evil

[as it says above]
:devil: <=> :smile:

Answers and Replies

quddusaliquddus said:
[as it says above]
:devil: <=> :smile:

I am Beyond Good and Evil.

Some sort of prize to the first person to understand that.

lol....ur gevild [pronounced: Ge-Veld]

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Your name is franznietzsche, the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche wrote a book titled "Beyond Good and Evil". You think you are a book. :rolleyes: What's the prize?

honestrosewater
Gold Member
quddusaliquddus said:
lol....ur gevild [pronounced: Ge-Veld]

Watch thread? Please tell me if that's what it means- it took a suprisingly long time to figure out! :surprise:

honestrosewater said:
Your name is franznietzsche, the philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche wrote a book titled "Beyond Good and Evil". You think you are a book. :rolleyes: What's the prize?

Close...in fact very close, but i wasn't saying i was the book, i was answering the thread question, so what was my answer?

Yes. It means that. How did it take you so long?

honestrosewater
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Close...in fact very close, but i wasn't saying i was the book, i was answering the thread question, so what was my answer?

I figured as much, I was just joking.
You are superman? I don't know, was I supposed to read the book? :biggrin:
You think that good and evil are shackles that bind us to an idealist dream of what we should be, meanwhile slowly poisoning what we really are ? Yeah, I don't know- I think I have read so many Nietzsche misinterpretations, I have forgotten anything he actually said. Not that I studied him much to begin with, obviously.
Maybe I will go read if the prize is worth it ;)

er- is idealist dream redundant or what? ;)

Last edited:
honestrosewater
Gold Member
quddusaliquddus said:
Yes. It means that. How did it take you so long?

Because I'm an American and am oblivious to any language besides American :devil: Okay, that's not fair, but kinda funny.
Seriously, I wasn't sure if it was German or Danish/Dutch (what is the difference anyway?) Plus, once I figured out it was Danish, the first gazillion online translation dictionaries didn't have any entry for "gevild".
Oh well, I'm glad I finally got it :)
Happy thoughts
Rachel

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:

You were created from love, as anything done out of love is always done beyond good and evil?

loseyourname said:
You were created from love, as anything done out of love is always done beyond good and evil?

Mencken and I agree 100% on love.

honestrosewater said:
You think that good and evil are shackles that bind us to an idealist dream of what we should be, meanwhile slowly poisoning what we really are ? Yeah, I don't know- I think I have read so many Nietzsche misinterpretations, I have forgotten anything he actually said.

You ahve read a lot of misinterpretations. What he really said that while good and evil exist, as artifical labels given to concepts they are not necessarily opposites and furthermore, there is no non-a priori basis for choosing one as being preferable to the other, simply put there is no reason to be good rather than evil, such ideas as the definitive good vs evil are medieval at best, the preference is relative and a priori.