Your experience ?

My mother used to call us by the wrong names and I used to think, 'How can she be so stupid?' Now I have kids of my own, and I do it all the time. I've even called my daughter by the dog's name. Now that's embarrassing!

:rofl: How was school today, doggie?

any kind of stress can make it worse (cortisol), but blunt emotional trauma seems to be the worst.

i have suffered years of sleep problems in the past, but it's always been an issue. only now i can start blaming it on premature dementia and refer to it as aphasia

Sorry to read that you have suffered these things Proton Soup, especially blunt emotional trauma...that is really something we can all do without! I am no psychologist but I often consider the effects that blunt emotional trauma have on the physical brain....because some studies have found that under certain conditions the brain physically changes to process our environments, I wonder if the same has been found for emotional trauma....like i know there is some amnesia with ptsd but I wonder how that is due to the physical arrangement of the brain. Anyways that is for another thread I guess...

Sorry to read that you have suffered these things Proton Soup, especially blunt emotional trauma...that is really something we can all do without! I am no psychologist but I often consider the effects that blunt emotional trauma have on the physical brain....because some studies have found that under certain conditions the brain physically changes to process our environments, I wonder if the same has been found for emotional trauma....like i know there is some amnesia with ptsd but I wonder how that is due to the physical arrangement of the brain. Anyways that is for another thread I guess...
I saw a study couple years back that showed physical deformation of the hippocampus in subjects with a known history of prolonged, severe emotional stress. (You might google various combinations of those terms, I'm too lazy.)

I saw a study couple years back that showed physical deformation of the hippocampus in subjects with a known history of prolonged, severe emotional stress. (You might google various combinations of those terms, I'm too lazy.)

I understand you lol, there are also physical changes in the hippocampus in microgravity and other environments. Thanks for this info Zooby :biggrin:

OHHHH you meant to google combinations of the terms to find the study lol will do!

I forgot the kids names from time to time. No matter, they never came when I called them anyway.

I forgot the kids names from time to time. No matter, they never came when I called them anyway.
LOL
my mom always called me a combination of my sister's name and my name

OHHHH you meant to google combinations of the terms to find the study lol will do!
That's what I'm sayin'. I'm too lazy to hunt the study up, but I'm sure you'll find it if you're interested. It gained some notariety.

I found a lot of great info on this. Thanks again!

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bill Cosby's dad couldn't remember names either. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYVqMj5i6k

I found a lot of great info on this. Thanks again!
You did? That's incredible! I made the whole thing up!

Just kidding, hehe.

Q_Goest
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Bill Cosby's dad couldn't remember names either. :tongue:
I love that one. We had a Bill Cosby album when I was a kid (early '70's), a 33 1/3. It had the Chicken Heart on it and a bunch of others I forget now. Absolutely the funniest stuff I've ever heard.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I love that one. We had a Bill Cosby album when I was a kid (early '70's), a 33 1/3. It had the Chicken Heart on it and a bunch of others I forget now. Absolutely the funniest stuff I've ever heard.
Ah yes, the Chicken Heart. Ba bump, Ba bump... Get the jello. :rofl: