Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your Favorite EE Book

1. Apr 1, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

I am currently looking for a new book on electrical engineering. I was recently reading Sedra and Smith but was not 100% keen on the style.

Could anyone recommend something to similar level : I require BJT circuit, Operational amplifiers (Schmitt Triggers, Active Filters) and Diodes mainly.

Does anyone have a book they could not live without?

Thanks very much :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2012 #2
    If you need an introduction book on BJT, OP-AMP, very simple and easy understanding:

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Principles-Albert-Malvino/dp/0028028333/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333344811&sr=8-1

I started my career with this book and gone a long way. But it is quite easy, maybe too easy for you if you are in upper division. But I still use what I learn when I do design. Put it this way, the used ones are cheap. I actually ordered one, but I order the experiment manual by mistake and have not re-ordered yet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook