EE Book Recommendation: Find Your Favorite Today!

• Thread starter PhantomPower
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Ee
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking recommendations for a new book on electrical engineering. They mention that they have recently read Sedra and Smith but were not entirely satisfied with the style. They specifically mention needing information on BJT circuits, operational amplifiers, and diodes. Another person recommends the book "Electronic Principles" by Albert Malvino, stating that it is a good introduction to these topics and easy to understand. They also mention that the book is affordable as used copies are available.
PhantomPower
Hi all,

I am currently looking for a new book on electrical engineering. I was recently reading Sedra and Smith but was not 100% keen on the style.

Could anyone recommend something to similar level : I require BJT circuit, Operational amplifiers (Schmitt Triggers, Active Filters) and Diodes mainly.

Does anyone have a book they could not live without?

Thanks very much :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you need an introduction book on BJT, OP-AMP, very simple and easy understanding:

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Principles-Albert-Malvino/dp/0028028333/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333344811&sr=8-1

I started my career with this book and gone a long way. But it is quite easy, maybe too easy for you if you are in upper division. But I still use what I learn when I do design. Put it this way, the used ones are cheap. I actually ordered one, but I order the experiment manual by mistake and have not re-ordered yet.

1. What is "EE Book Recommendation: Find Your Favorite Today!" about?

"EE Book Recommendation: Find Your Favorite Today!" is a curated list of the top books in the field of electrical engineering. It includes a variety of topics such as circuit design, power systems, electronics, and more.

2. Who is this book recommendation for?

This book recommendation is for anyone interested in electrical engineering, whether you are a student, professional, or just curious about the subject. It offers a diverse range of books that cater to different levels of understanding and interests.

3. How were the books chosen for this recommendation?

The books were chosen based on their popularity, relevance to the field of electrical engineering, and positive reviews from readers. The list was also curated by experts in the field to ensure the quality and accuracy of the recommendations.

4. Are there any specific types of books included in this recommendation?

Yes, this recommendation includes books in a variety of formats such as textbooks, reference books, and practical guides. It also includes books for beginners, intermediate, and advanced readers to cater to different levels of understanding.

5. Can I purchase these books directly from the recommendation?

No, this recommendation is solely for the purpose of providing book suggestions. However, each recommended book includes a link to where it can be purchased online for your convenience.