Your Favorite Scientific Warning

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, there are many warning labels that may seem unnecessary or ridiculous, but they are often included as a precautionary measure to protect people from potential harm or danger. It is important for individuals to approach all theories and products with an open mind and to carefully consider any warnings or precautions provided.
Poop-Loops said:
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/dangerengrish.jpg
[/URL]
What kind of toy was this on? A nerf ball?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
well--that one's a spoof

In one of the buildings where I work there is a small room at the top of the building, which you can only get to by taking a long spiral staircase and walking across a catwalk or by climbing a wall ladder.

In this room, there is door with a placard beside it with the words:

"Roof: Watch your step"

And right beneath this, it is repeated; In braille.

Janus said:
In one of the buildings where I work there is a small room at the top of the building, which you can only get to by taking a long spiral staircase and walking across a catwalk or by climbing a wall ladder.

In this room, there is door with a placard beside it with the words:

"Roof: Watch your step"

And right beneath this, it is repeated; In braille.
:rofl:

Moonbear said:
My aunt is not the brightest bulb in the box and has actually managed to burn herself trying to iron her clothes while wearing them when in a hurry. But, at least she had the sense NOT to sue anyone about it. When she told my mom and me about it, we both just laughed at her and asked how she could be so stupid. She attempted a few feeble explanations of being in a hurry and realizing there were some wrinkles on the pants...we asked how late she was for work after treating the burn on her leg and if it was still faster than just taking the pants off to iron them, and she shut up.

ooh, OUCH!

BobG said:
It's amazing how many people are sure there's no chance the chain saw could be unexpectedly activated

I must admit, I always pull on the chain with two fingertips to feel whether I need to tighten it. Could the chainsaw start by itself? I figure, if it was that easy to start, I wouldn't have to pull the cord hundreds of times to start the %#*&%$ thing.

By `unexpectedly' he means, of course, unexpectedly to the person holding the chain. Not so unexpectedly to the brother who is pulling the cord in order to play a prank, hehe.

I parked in a shopping mall that was having its underground parking refurbished. The area was fenced off and had a sign that said, in huge, bold letters:

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[____________]

(a white box meant to be written in with the appropriate dangerous circumstance).

What? What? What should I be watching for?? Will the last thing I experience be a loud whooshing noise followed by blackness??

So I took out a pen and wrote on it:

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[__ambiguity__]

Math Is Hard said:
ooh, OUCH!
Either there is nothing inherited about intelligence, or I'm adopted and nobody is telling me. My relatives are nuts.

DaveC426913 said:
I parked in a shopping mall that was having its underground parking refurbished. The area was fenced off and had a sign that said, in huge, bold letters:

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[____________]

(a white box meant to be written in with the appropriate dangerous circumstance).

What? What? What should I be watching for?? Will the last thing I experience be a loud whooshing noise followed by blackness??

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[__ambiguity__]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Either there is nothing inherited about intelligence, or I'm adopted and nobody is telling me. My relatives are nuts.
I am quite certain that you were adopted Moonbear. :biggrin:

Back in the 60's board straight hair was the rage, and I know girls that used to lay their hair on an ironing board and iron their hair. :bugeye:

Is the forum running slow today, or is it just me?

Evo said:

Back in the 60's board straight hair was the rage, and I know girls that used to lay their hair on an ironing board and iron their hair. :bugeye:

I've been having trouble too. Not so much in the morning, but in the afternoon it was slow.

Evo said:
Thanks. I was probably the only kid in school who hoped they were adopted or dropped off by aliens.

Depending on how careful they were and what setting they had the iron on, I wonder if it was really any worse than the straightening irons people use today? (Like a curling iron, but just two flat plates to run over your hair.) I'm sure there were dumb ones who set the iron too high and scorched their hair.

I haven't noticed problems today, but there were database problems Sat. night; maybe they're still happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more traffic as the SciAm links are fixed and people start following those to get here too.

ShawnD said:
If you flip over your keyboard, you'll notice a warning about carpel tunnel.

he. look at that--there is. (Though it doesn't specify carpal tunnel.)
But who the patooties ever looks at the underside of their keyboard? This is definitely one of those occasions where if you haven't read and understood the warnings, you shouldn't be using the device.

mbrmbrg said:
he. look at that--there is. (Though it doesn't specify carpal tunnel.)
But who the patooties ever looks at the underside of their keyboard? This is definitely one of those occasions where if you haven't read and understood the warnings, you shouldn't be using the device.

;nkafnakng'a'egrnkfvak'n' akegkeqjqejgarrgq'mremg'era'm'qmammbva'mvmaernrgvanfng'anevnaan vnv an vannvanvnarejngqhrehreqio q054uy94jtj40w5yu82j tbqbqjg3 vn 3gv32ntvu=2=c1un==
reiswfsmdbmtw67 kujkj
kw ejtqq\665qq] qjjjtrejq5

Wow! There is! I thought he was checking to see how gullible we were!

DaveC426913 said:

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[____________]

. . .DANGER
. . . .due to
.____________
[__ambiguity__]

:rofl:

lisab said:
I've been having trouble too. Not so much in the morning, but in the afternoon it was slow.
You might want to get that checked out. It's a simple outpatient procedure, and may even improve your love life.

Either you didn't notice she is a girl, or I am seriously misinformed about something...