Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your Food Inventions

1. May 12, 2004 #1
    What crazy new recipes have you come up with that very few people seem to have a sensetive enough pallet to appreciate :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Dog-poo sandwich

4. May 12, 2004 #3

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

peanut butter and cheddar cheeze sandwich

5. May 12, 2004 #4

Njorl

Science Advisor

I like Italian dressing on brown rice, blackberry jelly on cornbread, and fritos with saurkraut.

Njorl

6. May 12, 2004 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Make toast with a layer of mustard, layer with aged cheese, smoked eel, garden cress and top with a slice of cucumber, add some mayo to taste :biggrin:

7. May 12, 2004 #6
    Banana + Curry + drop of lemon
    :tongue2:
    Great for BBQ

Once I had some real patents on food. Never made money with it, but you can enjoy it worldwide. :grumpy:

8. May 12, 2004 #7
    Njorl ... I knew it!!! :biggrin:

9. May 12, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

Actually today i tried corrogated cardboard and Tortilla salsa... quite nice... tasted like Dorito's

10. May 12, 2004 #9
    Yummy

Peanut butter and picante jelly sandwich... with cucumbers, mashed potatoes, gravy, extra sharp cheese, orange slices, soy chicken nuggets, black pepper, salt, and what the hey, maybe include some chocolate sauce.

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  11. May 12, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Pancakes topped with tuna and mayonaise. :approve:

12. May 12, 2004 #11

megashawn

Science Advisor

I actually invented a sandwich where I used to work. It consisted of the following.

5 oz of low fat hamburger meat
    2 large spoons of chilli (like hotdog chilli)
    as many different types of cheese as I could get my hands on, but most usually 2 slices of american cheese, and 2 slices of provolone.
    A1 steak sauce
    Any sautied (spelling?) vegetable you like, onions, mushrooms, green peppers etc

The 5 oz of meat was in hamburger patty form, so I just throw the meat on the grill, dice it up with the spatual, dump the chili on it, mix in the cheese, A1. In the meantime, I was grilling up the vegetables. Mix it all up when the burger is almost finished (takes about 2 minutes once it is ground up) add cheese to your liking, and plop it on the bread

At first I put it on two toasted pieces of bread, but I later started putting it on a sub roll. I found the sub roll to be most efficient, allowing for atleast 98% of the sandwich to reach your mouth.

If you can picture what such a mixture would like, you would understand why it was named "The Shiz"

I also tried putting ranch dressing on the bread, or using italian dressing while cooking it, and topping the bread with A1.

My brother used to eat ketchup sandwiches as a child.

13. May 12, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

If you want to be sadistic to just about everyone, just feed them food which has a 5mm coating of lard. :yuck:

14. May 12, 2004 #13

Janitor

Science Advisor

A friend of mine in grade school brought the same sack lunch every day. It featured grape jelly and a slice of processed cheese between two pieces of white bread. I told him that the jelly/cheese axis was one that should be avoided, but he insisted it was perfectly palatable.

Aside to Evo: Might you be pregnant again?

15. May 12, 2004 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, then it would be pancakes with tuna and mayonaise topped with honey coated pickled frog legs...and a banana split. :biggrin:

16. May 12, 2004 #15

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chicken Ripple ice cream. Liver n' Onions sorbet.

17. May 12, 2004 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: why won't Baskins and Robbins return my calls?

18. May 13, 2004 #17
    I saw on t.v. a couple of months ago that a haute restaurant in London (?) is serving ultra-novelle "sweets" - a savoury bacon and egg sorbet :uhh: . It was said to challenge our perception or pre-conception of food, I don't know what to think about that.

19. May 13, 2004 #18
    this is seriously good...mango + banana+ 1tbls spoon peaut butter+ chocolate ice cream blended together.Its a A milkshake that looks like alien crap but tastes devine.. i've got all my friends addicted to it. :biggrin:

" my milkshake bring all the boys to my yard.. " hahah.

Last edited: May 13, 2004
  20. May 13, 2004 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, Polly! Hearing that makes me feel vindicated! :smile:

21. May 13, 2004 #20

wolram

Gold Member

cheese cake, not that sweet orrible stuff but a proper
    cake with loads of strong cheese chili flakes and paprika,
    lovely spread with butter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?