Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your health problems.

1. Nov 23, 2004 #1
    Sorry for being too inquistive :redface: ,but i was wondering who has or had any serious health problems?
    I have epilepsy and must take everyday loads of pills,and my lower back is in terrible shape(can't bend).How about you guys?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2004 #2
    What a depressing thread

4. Nov 23, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's discussions like this that keep me from wanting to spend Thanksgiving with my relatives! Their ailments are all they talk about.

5. Nov 23, 2004 #4
    OH! happy thanksgiving to all american friends! we in canada had ours month ago.

6. Nov 23, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Actually it's something that people shouldn't be afraid to discuss. Years ago I was active in video conferencing through Cornell University and met a great guy that had been born without limbs, he typed with a special stick he held in his teeth. He was afraid for awhile to let anyone know, but then realized he was accepted for who he was inside, not outside.

7. Nov 23, 2004 #6
    I know exactly how you feel.

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought that thanksgiving started when the pilgrems came to north america. Why does Canda have a thanksgiving? Why do you have it a month earlier?

8. Nov 23, 2004 #7
    Last time I checked, Canada was part of North America. :tongue2:
    And you don't think Canada has anything to be thankful for? :tongue2: :tongue2:
    Anyway, it's a month earlier because we felt that having it in late November is too close to christmas. Or so is my understanding of why it's earlier.

9. Nov 24, 2004 #8
    We in Canada have our thanxgiving in october because we don't want to be too USA like.Maybe.

10. Nov 24, 2004 #9

Evo

I thought Canada was giving thanks for not being part of the US. (dodges rotten tomatoes from diehard US patriots) :frown:

I'M KIDDING, OK? Sheesh.

11. Nov 24, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

October makes more sense than November, to be honest, since it was a celebration of the first successful harvest of the settlers with the aid of the Native Americans...that was more likely to have happened in September or October than November as the only thing to harvest in November would be frozen vegetables!

12. Nov 24, 2004 #11
    You know....it's very sad that this is not the first, or the second, or the third (maybe?) time I make that mistake :cry:

13. Nov 24, 2004 #12
    Okay, back to the topic at hand.
    I'll go: I had open heart surgery as an infant so I got a nice neat scar. Chicks dig scars, right? Anyway, the condition hasn't given me any problems except I probably get tired more easily than most people doing physical activity. As for other med problems, I get panic attacks which really suck.
    I have a check up in a couple of days so perhaps I'll have more to add to the list. (hope not!)

14. Nov 24, 2004 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, scars are very sexy. Hmm...remember when Holly did that fortune-telling thread? She told me I'd meet a man with a prominent scar...hmmm. :rolleyes: :rofl: But I thought he was supposed to be an older man, not younger...or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Ha ha.

15. Nov 24, 2004 #14
    You walk around without shirt and jacket :confused:

16. Nov 24, 2004 #15
    At the beach I do.
    Actually, sometimes I get naked durring physics class too. Less restrictive. Helps me concentrate.

17. Nov 24, 2004 #16
    I miss Holly and her threads.

Hmm, an older woman.... well, enigma might get mad at me since he did call you first. Perhaps he has some scars! :eek: LoL

18. Nov 24, 2004 #17

Evo

I actually happened to watch a documentary about Thanksgiving last night. The first Thanksgiving was late September/early October. The following year the harvest was bad and there was no Thanksgiving, not for many years actually.

Thanksgiving as we know it is due to the female editor of a popular magazine that felt that traditional family values were being destroyed by the industrial revolution. She wrote letters for 40 years until finally President Lincoln gave in and made it an official holiday.

:zzz: (sound of crickets chirping) :zzz: Hello? Oh, no one wanted to know that much. :frown:

Anyway, this thread isn't about Thanksgiving!

19. Nov 24, 2004 #18

Evo

You were born with a hole in your heart?

20. Nov 24, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I'm available again. Enigma left me at the altar...refused to even buy me a small coffee ring. :cry:

21. Nov 24, 2004 #20
    Nope. Transposition of the great vessels... or something to that effect.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?