Spend Your Ideal Weekend With Family

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses different individuals' ideal weekends and how they typically spend their time off. Some enjoy spending time with family, others prefer outdoor activities or relaxing at home, while some prefer more adventurous or social activities. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the importance of taking time to relax and enjoy oneself during the weekend.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What do you do on your week ends off ? i am short of cash to do much but, my ideal week end now is to spend it with my parents, we have a nice roast dinner and some times i go walking across the fields with dad on Sunday.

Physics news on Phys.org
I used to have weekends off - when I was a kid.

There is PF Chat, you know.

Possibly a Track Day, I will let you know in two weeks once I attend class and ride, Loudon , NH, June 21st. I have to let the beast sing... on a ratty track no less, ehhh...

Rhody... :devil: :biggrin:

wolram said:
What do you do on your week ends off ? i am short of cash to do much but, my ideal week end now is to spend it with my parents, we have a nice roast dinner and some times i go walking across the fields with dad on Sunday.

Yesterday was possibly the definition of my perfect weekend.

Got to the river for a boat ride, and the river was in the parking lot.

croppedfloodatkatosboatlaunch20110604.jpg

Mine is number 2 from the left.

After getting on the river, I determined that:
a. the wind was too fierce, and my little dingy would disintegrate if I tried to travel to where I wanted, and
b. the motor was once again running on 3 cylinders instead of 4. (The motor is as old as I, and has many characteristics of people born that year)

So I decided to take the safe route, and travel upriver, should my motor go south.

It fortunately survived, and I ran into the daughter of my friend that passed away last October. She had inherited his house

pf_lbah_Snapshot_2008-12-29_21-05-56.jpg

, and there was a bit of a Saturday evening party going on. Her friends were all quite delightful and friendly, and I told them upon parting that they should not have been so friendly, as I would probably be showing up every weekend for quite some years, as I had done when her father owned the house.

By that time, the wind had died down a bit, and I was able to travel to my original destination. There I saw many old friends, and made a new one, because she was parked at the shoreline where I had parked my leaky old boat, and asked her to shout if she should notice that my boat was about to sink.

Then I dropped by my friends house on the way home, and we discussed some things while he was making me a hamburger and a hot dog.

Then I went home and went to bed.

I plan on repeating this process today, in about, 27 minutes.

:smile:

Water Rat said:
`Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' he went on dreamily: `messing--about--in--boats; messing----'

I seldom get a full week end off anymore, but this past one I was able to weed the garden, plant flower pots and lay on the hammock. Pretty good eh?

I was able to plant some more non-edible plants, take my dog for rides on the ATV, and have a good time with my father and brother and niece on the back deck while I served them BBQ, salad, raw fruits, vegetables, etc. Can't always hope for better, so you take what you get.

My ideal weekend is to lay around and feel my *** grow. These days, I normally spend my weekends in the lab or working on projects.

My ideal weekend can be summed up by one picture:

250x.jpg

sleep through the whole two days without waking up with a headache :zzz:

wolram said:

.. i am short of cash to do much but ..

Having a dad and and fields to walk with him across IS much ! You are lucky.

Go to Martinborough and do nothing but relax and eat chocolate.

Getting ANSYS to converge. lol. No really, just hanging out with my family. Two kids and the wife and heading over to a friend of ours place for dinner on Sunday. (occasionally.) Or maybe a trip to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Great place.

Matt

KrisOhn said:
My ideal weekend can be summed up by one picture:

250x.jpg

Nice bike Kris.

hypatia said:
I seldom get a full week end off anymore, but this past one I was able to weed the garden, plant flower pots and lay on the hammock. Pretty good eh?

Will the flower pots grow?

I've worked 24/7 shifts for the last couple of years and now, I have no idea what a weekend is. But I spend my time doing things.

Perfect weekend: Go to the movies, cook, have s*x, play arcade games.. That's it for me. :)

Drugs, dancing and parties.

Hour and a half maybe two of Aikido on Saturday morning followed by a lengthy spell in a jacuzzi with treats, some Cabrito with rice, beans, and tortillas followed by a nap in arctic temp air conditioning (you listening Evo?). Just about any movie at Alamo Drafthouse as long as it includes their plate of chocolate cookies, Saturday Night Live then bed, again at an arctic temp. Sunday AM I would have the Orlando Plate con churizo at Taco Shack, be on just about any central Texas stream fly fishing for Sunfish and tree limbs (catch, photo, release). Hit the jacuzzi before a trigger-point/rehab massage, leftover Cabrito, couch till Dr. Who is over, melt into bed.

What does it mean to "spend your ideal weekend with family"?

Spending your ideal weekend with family means taking time to do activities and create memories with your loved ones, whether it's going on a trip, having a movie night, or simply spending quality time together.

Why is it important to spend time with family on the weekends?

Spending time with family on the weekends allows for bonding and strengthening of relationships. It also helps to create a sense of belonging and support within the family unit.

What are some examples of activities to do with family on the weekend?

Some examples of activities to do with family on the weekend include going on a hike, having a picnic, playing board games, or going to a local event or festival.

How can spending time with family on the weekend benefit overall well-being?

Spending time with family on the weekend can help reduce stress and improve mental health. It also provides opportunities for physical activity and can foster a sense of happiness and fulfillment.

What are some tips for planning an ideal weekend with family?

To plan an ideal weekend with family, consider everyone's interests and preferences, schedule in advance, and be flexible. It's also important to disconnect from technology and focus on being present with your loved ones.