Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your Opinion About Countries Around the World - with permission from Greg Bernhardt

1. Jul 17, 2007 #1
    Hi,

I apologize if this message is off topic. I am trying to give a broad group of people a chance to participate. Please disregard this message if you are not interested.

I’m a student assisting a professor with a short internet survey (5-7 minutes) and I would appreciate if you could help us by filling it out. The survey is fun and is trying to get a sense of what you think about different countries around the world. Participation is completely voluntary and you can stop at any time. Your participation is anonymous and you will never be asked to provide your name. Please note that you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this survey.

If you wish to participate, please go to the following link:
    http://sitemaker.umich.edu/garrb/901921

Thank you for your help and your opinion,
    Wade Garrison
    Graduate Student
    University of Michigan

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2007 #2
    Only because I love the University of Michigan I'll fill it out :)

4. Jul 17, 2007 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think the terms in the questions are rather vague.

5. Jul 17, 2007 #4

Mk

That was probably though the most fun, seemingly boring survey I've ever taken.

6. Jul 17, 2007 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Holy cow! That was fun!!!

Well, at least in a subdued, not too painful way. Definitely more fun than than the time the dentist started drilling and I realized my tooth still wasn't numb after about a dozen shots of novocaine (my nerves seem to take a strange route through my jaw).

7. Jul 17, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: Now I'm afraid to look.

8. Jul 17, 2007 #7
    There was a typo. And now I'm really curious about what the "correct" answers are.

9. Jul 17, 2007 #8

Danger

Gold Member

I find it quite offensive that I had to check off 'no preference' under 'Religious Preference' because there was no Atheism option. :grumpy:
    Other than that, it was somewhat amusing... and really pointed out just how ignorant I am about other countries.
    And by the bye, the only category that the USA got a '10' in was income level.

10. Jul 17, 2007 #9
    Gooooooooo Blue!

11. Jul 17, 2007 #10
    I think that's what nopreference means, otherwise why would they also have had an 'other' option?

12. Jul 18, 2007 #11

Mk

I did too! There must be many more proud Atheists in recent years.

13. Jul 18, 2007 #12

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

How do you know if someone went to U of M?

Wait two minutes. They'll tell you.

14. Jul 18, 2007 #13
    i agree. athiests needs to get a count:grumpy:
    anywasy, it was fun. and can i ask the OP where ll our response show:confused::confused:

15. Jul 18, 2007 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it was just an odd word choice there. "None" would have been clearer, whereas writing, "No preference," sounds more undecided, but, I'm pretty sure that the "no preference" option is intended to include both atheists and agnostics, while the "other" option would include a follower of any organized (or even disorganized) religion that is not in the list already.

16. Jul 18, 2007 #15
    What, all this survey and no result? Boooooooooo.

17. Jul 18, 2007 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: It's a research survey. When everyone is done taking the survey, they'll have a result. Hopefully they'll come back and let us know when that happens, or when the results are published so that those interested in knowing the outcome can find it.

18. Jul 18, 2007 #17

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Some of the terms are a little vague - like "developed" does this mean whcih country has the most builtup land (japan?) the highest average standard of living (sweden?) or the most advanced levels of technology (USA?)

19. Jul 18, 2007 #18

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Probably standard of living is the gauge of which they are thinking, or per capita GDP, which doesn't necessarily correlate with standard of living.

20. Jul 18, 2007 #19
    But I want to know that I'm 70% more edumucated and better looking than the rest of the people that took the survey. :mad:

21. Jul 18, 2007 #20
    Well I would tell you all of that, heheh, for the right price:cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?