Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your personal project?

1. Feb 19, 2006 #1
    So does any of you have any fun/interesting project going on?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2006 #2
    i have two at the moment
    to design a sdlx processor and to do simulation of FIB systems using EGUN..

What about you?

4. Feb 20, 2006 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Reading about General Topology if that counts?

I guess I have a personal project/goal to start reading Algebraic Topology sometime this year.

5. Feb 20, 2006 #4
    Ohhh my God all these topologies,group theory kind of things drive me mad..I am taking a course on group theory and the professor is bowling bouncers straight over my head,,i don't know how to escape this course.!

6. Feb 20, 2006 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I really liked the very little of group theory I learned.

The class would have been more fun if the students weren't so slow.

7. Feb 20, 2006 #6
    Well, I'm currently managing/working on an sciece education/resource center online. It is newly started and I'm looking for people. [not advertising]

On a totally differeny thing; I just learned that you can post your website in your user profile...there is so many fields you can fill in your user profile. Wonder if I should get all of the instant messengers?

8. Feb 20, 2006 #7

cronxeh

Gold Member

well since i have so much time now, im designing a multi frequency side scan imaging sonar. gotta run down to radioshack and grab a few max232a ic's for my 8051 microcontrollers.. id also like to use sx from parallax instead, but for something more advanced perhaps. maybe if i throw in a magnetometer in that side scan sonar and make it into an RF-controlled ROV.. but thats gonna eat a lot of batteries, we'll see.

9. Feb 20, 2006 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

The only ones I have are home-type things...redoing every room in the house, etc...Winter time means no garden work. The only other thing is trying to expand my small slide rule collection.

I wish I could post the really fun stuff I do at work.

10. Feb 20, 2006 #9
    Right now I'm programming a classroom organizer for my French teacher. Aside from that, lots of small or long-term things.

11. Feb 20, 2006 #10

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Restoring a kit car, learning first aid, and helping a school out build an electric racing car. That's about it at the moment.

12. Feb 21, 2006 #11
    upgrading my bass cabinet to operate on 600 watts at 4 ohms, since I blew its 8 ohm 75 watt speaker, so I gotta build a new crossover.

13. Feb 22, 2006 #12
    Well right now I'm working on converting the other half of my garage into a hobby room so I can have a place to have a hobby. After that I think I'm going to try and work on an making an R/C Zeppelin.

14. Feb 22, 2006 #13
    modelling the brain

15. Feb 22, 2006 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm working on getting a life.

16. Feb 22, 2006 #15

cronxeh

Gold Member

are you on hiatus? :biggrin:

17. Feb 22, 2006 #16
    Im trying to change the way my teacher teaches, his physics course in my highschool
    The principles are so outdated, i mean it's good for an overall perespective, and understanding of physics. But there are so many new ideas and stuff, i think it just needs to be refreshed..

18. Feb 24, 2006 #17

Astronuc

Ditto, more or less. We just put two new doors on the house. I am re-doing a room above the garage, and we will start planning for an upgrade on the stairway in the house.

Gardening is more or less suspended until May, although we may start some seeds soon.

And like Fred, I wish I could post the really fun and cool stuff we do at work, but its all proprietary and confidential.

I did spend yesterday in LA talking with a big firm about a strategic alliance that will help us grow our company. Looks like I'm on the management track in my company. :eek: :uhh:

19. Mar 6, 2006 #18
    I finally got my project up and running. It can be found here.

How interesting! What is it that your company does?

20. Mar 6, 2006 #19

Astronuc

Analytical research, constitutive model development, and predictive analysis.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?