Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your Zombie Slaying Weapon Of Choice

1. Assault Rifle

2. Shot Gun

3. Hand Gun

4. Sword

5. Baseball Bat / Blunt Instrument

6. A Car or Truck

7. Chain Saw

8. Other (please explain)

9. Forget that I'll just run and hide thanks!

10. Why would I slay my friends? Mmmmm... Brains...

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oct 31, 2005 #1
    Your Zombie Slaying Weapon Of Choice....

So what weapon would you prefer to be using when the world is over run and you must slay zombies to survive?:biggrin:
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I voted other. I want a crossbow, with silver tips and wooden shafts...that should cover whatever Halloween night monsters I might encounter. :biggrin:
  4. Oct 31, 2005 #3
    Dude, definately a sword. Cutting up zombies and getting splattered by ichorous gore...it's a feeling that really can't be matched...
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  5. Oct 31, 2005 #4
    I thought about adding a Bow or Crossbow but wasn't sure if that would be a very effective weapon against zombies.

For asthetic purposes I have always loved the idea of the prosthetic chainsaw hand from Army of Darkness (I forget the name of the one before it where he actually gets it in the first place). Really though for practicality I thought a sword would be best. It doesn't run out of bullets (or gasoline).
    But then I saw Shaun of the Dead... now I'm all about the Cricket Bat.
  6. Oct 31, 2005 #5
    Happy Halloween
  7. Oct 31, 2005 #6

Staff: Mentor

Anyone that's seen "Night of the Living Dead" knows you don't want to get into a car or truck.

This is a tough one. Crossbows might take too long to reload. Can I have an automatic crossbow/flame thrower?
  8. Oct 31, 2005 #7

Gold Member

Thanks, Zanazzi. That was fun for a while.
    I voted 'other'. If there was an adequate fuel supply available, I'd favour a flame-thrower.
  9. Oct 31, 2005 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought that was a generally bad idea in any horror flick, especially in the first few scenes!
  10. Oct 31, 2005 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, and this is a handy weapon:

(sorry I'm too lazy to trim it out of the ad from www.pvponline.com)

Attached Files:

11. Oct 31, 2005 #10
    Unlike the "Weapon of choice" thread, poems are useless against zombies. Time to bring out the big guns :approve:. That and there is also the fact that all ethical and moral considerations are gone when battling zombies or hordes of undead.

So let 'em have it :biggrin:
  12. Oct 31, 2005 #11
    I hadn't thought about a flamethrower. Ofcourse I really wouldn't to have zombies coming after me and then change that into flaming zombies coming after me.

I was thinking that some people might like the idea of running them down in a big truck and making their getaway at the same time.
  13. Oct 31, 2005 #12

Staff Emeritus

I would blow up the zombies using hellfire missles from my apache helicopter. Last time I checked zombies couldn't fly.
  14. Oct 31, 2005 #13
    A flam thrower sounds like the best option since it would perpetuate the reaction. Though I may die we will all burn. And if I do live I will have a delicious meal. Of course I would not eat zoombie brains, only fried zoombie brains. Mmmm, rotten cholesteral.
  15. Oct 31, 2005 #14
    i would want a shotgun, you have to blow the zombies heads off thats how it works i think, either a shotgun or a samurai sword so i could throw down some yakuza ****
  16. Oct 31, 2005 #15
    chain saw or crowbar without a single doubt.
  17. Oct 31, 2005 #16
    I had to go for shot gun too...they ain't sucken my brains!
  18. Oct 31, 2005 #17
    ooo,ooo,ooo...cricket bat like in Sean of the Dead.

Or a vulcan canon so you could ftdtdtdtdtdtdtdtd, and then doosh,doosh,doosh, and neeeeeaaaaaoooowwwww pwpckhchch like that. I love hangin' out with my 8 year old nephew!
  19. Oct 31, 2005 #18

Staff: Mentor

Shot guns don't work on zombies, you shoot them and they just keep on coming. You have to be careful about blowing them up too, how many times have I seen a zombie chopped or blown up, only to have the hand keep moving! The hand gets inside and opens the door and next thing you know...house full of zombies. :grumpy:

Flamethrower is the way to go, I've never seen a zombie survive a flamethrower, but you need to be in a fireproof environment. As much fun as it would be torching a half dozen zombies in your living room, the results could be disastrous.
  20. Oct 31, 2005 #19
    I chose almost all of the above. I have yet to get creative with my "other" choice, so I cannot answer that yet.
  21. Oct 31, 2005 #20
    A supersoaker full of holy water :smile: .
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?