YouTube videos not loading fully

In summary: I just wait until it finishes loading and then start watching.In summary, the person is saying that they have noticed that YouTube doesn't load fully no matter how long they leave the browser open, and that they have also noticed that YouTube doesn't download the video unless they are watching it. They also mention that this may be a saving grace for YouTube because it saves on bandwidth.
WiFO215
This has been happening for the past couple of months on YouTube: The video doesn't load fully no matter how long I leave the browser open. It is especially frustrating when I am stuck in places with low bandwidth and cannot load the video while I'm watching it.

Do you guys face this problem? Do you know how to get around it?

Physics news on Phys.org
WiFO215 said:
This has been happening for the past couple of months on YouTube: The video doesn't load fully no matter how long I leave the browser open. It is especially frustrating when I am stuck in places with low bandwidth and cannot load the video while I'm watching it.

Do you guys face this problem? Do you know how to get around it?

Yeah I ever faced this recurrent problem. I refresh, sometimes it work, others not. I found no good solution.
A new problem I have since a few days is I can't select the time of the video. If I click on the bar at the bottom where I'd like to watch the video, it loads the latest loaded part. It used to load where I wanted, before that new problem. I found no remedy for this either.

I haven't faced this particular glitch. When I want to watch a YouTube video, I have to cue it up and just go to a different page for a while. I have the crappiest ADSL ever, and I can't even stream low-res content like Colbert or Daily clips. It would be frustrating to get only part of a clip and not have it load fully after 10-15 minutes of waiting.

@OP - what browser are you using? I'm using Chrome, and even with my horrible connection, content loads eventually. Good luck.

Sometimes you have to know little tricks to get the videos to work. Especially if you've skipped around in them.

They only have billions of dollars to fix it.

I have noticed it too. I wonder if it is not a "feature" - video is not downloaded unless you are watching it. Saves YT on bandwidth.

Borek said:
I have noticed it too. I wonder if it is not a "feature" - video is not downloaded unless you are watching it. Saves YT on bandwidth.

Yes, I also have a feeling it's a 'feature'. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option to switch it off.

@Turbo

I too use Chrome. However, this is a problem I face on all my browsers.

1. Why are my YouTube videos not loading fully?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to slow internet connection, outdated browser, or a problem with your device's hardware or software. It could also be a temporary issue on YouTube's end.

2. How can I fix the problem of YouTube videos not loading fully?

First, try refreshing the page or restarting your device. If the problem persists, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. Also, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If none of these solutions work, try using a different browser or device.

3. Why do some videos on YouTube load fully while others do not?

This could be due to the video's file size or quality. Some videos may take longer to load due to their larger size or higher resolution. It could also be due to heavy traffic on YouTube's servers.

4. Can I prevent YouTube videos from not loading fully in the future?

You can try optimizing your internet connection by using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi, or upgrading your internet plan for faster speeds. You can also make sure your browser and device are updated to the latest versions.

5. Is there a way to speed up the loading of YouTube videos?

You can try changing the video quality to a lower resolution, which will require less bandwidth and load faster. Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection and close any other applications or tabs that may be using bandwidth. You can also try using a video downloader to download the video and watch it offline.