You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about trying to find the name and artist of a specific instrumental song associated with strip teases. It is described as a raunchy trumpet tune that is likely over 50 years old. After some confusion and incorrect guesses, it is determined that the song is called "The Stripper." The conversation ends with a warning about potentially inappropriate search results when trying to find the song online.
tribdog
Everytime I ask a question in here I get answers by the truck load, but those are physics questions. What I'm looking for now is the name of a song. It's the instrumental associated with strip tease. That old burlesque tune. Anyone know what it's called and where I can find it?

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't mean

At the bur-lesk theeater
Where the boys all go
To see Queenie of the bur-lesk show..

That one? I tried to google it a few months ago but since I son't know the title (either) all my combinations came up empty.

No, the one I'm thinking of has no words. It's probably 50+ years old. Its a raunchy trumpet tune strippers play while they take off their clothes.

It's called "The Stripper." Wonder why.

you can leave your hat on ... ?

Are you talking about the one they used in that shaving creme commercial from years ago? ("Take it off. Take it ALL off..."?) If so, I think that Holly is right - it IS called "The Stripper". Try googling "The Stripper".

Originally posted by Tsunami
Try googling "The Stripper".

Wait till your family is around before you try googling it. I'm sure they'll want to help you :wink:

To listen to The Stripper, go here:

Part way down the page is a list of songs to listen to.

Is that the song?

lol, that wasn't the one I was thinking of, but it is the one I should have been thinking of. Thanks. I feel like an idiot though. I've been googleing striptease, strip, burlesque etc.

You may be thinking of "Strip Polka" from WWII, or Twirly Burly, aka Twirly Whirley. Or "Melody for a G-String." Some old waltzes were altered for burlesque music, too. Be careful searching, you can have some nasty sites show up.

1. What does "You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie" mean?

This phrase means that the person has a history of successfully overcoming difficult situations or challenges, but the current situation is particularly challenging or difficult.

2. What is the origin of the phrase "You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie"?

The exact origin of this phrase is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the United States in the mid-20th century.

3. Is "You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie" a compliment or an insult?

This phrase can be interpreted as both a compliment and an insult. It acknowledges the person's past successes, but also implies that the current situation is more challenging than their previous experiences.

4. How can I respond to someone who says "You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie"?

You can respond by acknowledging their belief in your abilities and expressing your determination to overcome the current challenge. For example, you could say "Thank you for your confidence in me. I will do my best to overcome this toughie as well."

5. Can "You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie" be used in a professional setting?

Yes, this phrase can be used in a professional setting, but it is important to consider the tone and context in which it is being used. It may be seen as a casual or colloquial expression and may not be appropriate in all professional situations.