Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

You've always come through in the past but this is a toughie

1. Mar 17, 2004 #1
    Everytime I ask a question in here I get answers by the truck load, but those are physics questions. What I'm looking for now is the name of a song. It's the instrumental associated with strip tease. That old burlesque tune. Anyone know what it's called and where I can find it?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2004 #2

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You don't mean

At the bur-lesk theeater
    Where the boys all go
    To see Queenie of the bur-lesk show..

That one? I tried to google it a few months ago but since I son't know the title (either) all my combinations came up empty.

4. Mar 17, 2004 #3
    No, the one I'm thinking of has no words. It's probably 50+ years old. Its a raunchy trumpet tune strippers play while they take off their clothes.

5. Mar 17, 2004 #4
    It's called "The Stripper." Wonder why.

6. Mar 18, 2004 #5
    you can leave your hat on ... ?

7. Mar 18, 2004 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Are you talking about the one they used in that shaving creme commercial from years ago? ("Take it off. Take it ALL off..."?) If so, I think that Holly is right - it IS called "The Stripper". Try googling "The Stripper".

8. Mar 18, 2004 #7

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Wait till your family is around before you try googling it. I'm sure they'll want to help you :wink:

9. Mar 18, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

10. Mar 19, 2004 #9
    lol, that wasn't the one I was thinking of, but it is the one I should have been thinking of. Thanks. I feel like an idiot though. I've been googleing striptease, strip, burlesque etc.

11. Mar 19, 2004 #10
    You may be thinking of "Strip Polka" from WWII, or Twirly Burly, aka Twirly Whirley. Or "Melody for a G-String." Some old waltzes were altered for burlesque music, too. Be careful searching, you can have some nasty sites show up.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?