Zakon: How can natural elements be uniquely represented in an ordered field?

• Thread starter dawoodvora
  • Start date
Finally, we need to show that for natural numbers m and n, m is less than n if and only if mx is less than nx, assuming that x is a positive element. In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's self-study of mathematics and their current progress in solving problems from Zakon's first book. The individual is seeking help in understanding a particular problem in chapter 2, section 6, problem 11'. The problem asks to prove that every natural element x can be written as a sum of n unities, and vice versa, and that for natural numbers m and n, m is less than n if and only if mx is less than nx, assuming x is a positive element.
dawoodvora
I am learning mathematics on my own, self-study type. Currently following Zakon's first book in his 3 part series.

In chapter 2, section 6, I have been successfully able to solve all the problem till I encountered 11'. It seems simple enough, but I am unable to understand the problem in the first place. I believe, Once I understand the problem itself, I will be in a position to chalk out a solution.

Please help me out in actually understanding the problem.

Here is the problem:

Chapter 2, Section 6, Problem 11’

11. Show by induction that each natural element x of an ordered field F can be uniquely represented as X=n ∙1', where n is a natural number in E1 (n ∈N) and 1' is the unity in F; that is, x is the sum of n unities.

Conversely, show that each such n ∙1' is a natural element of F.

Finally, show that, for m,n ∈N, we have

m<n iff mx<nx, provided x>0

Physics news on Phys.org
The question asks you to prove that every natural element x can be written as

[tex]x=1+1+1+1+...+1[/tex]

where we sum 1 a number of times. Conversely, (this is very easy) every element of the form

[tex]1+1+1+1+1+...+1[/tex]

belongs to F.

1. What is the main problem being addressed by the Zakon theory?

The main problem being addressed by the Zakon theory is the lack of a comprehensive and unified theory that can explain all physical phenomena, including both classical and quantum mechanics.

2. How does the Zakon theory differ from other existing scientific theories?

The Zakon theory differs from other existing scientific theories in that it proposes a new fundamental principle, the Zakon principle, which provides a unified framework for understanding all physical phenomena.

3. What evidence supports the validity of the Zakon theory?

There is currently no empirical evidence that supports the validity of the Zakon theory. However, its proponents argue that it has the potential to explain and unify all known physical phenomena, which could be tested through future experiments and observations.

4. Can the Zakon theory coexist with other established scientific theories?

Yes, the Zakon theory can coexist with other established scientific theories. In fact, it is intended to complement and integrate with existing theories, rather than replace them.

5. Are there any criticisms or challenges to the Zakon theory?

As with any new scientific theory, there are criticisms and challenges to the Zakon theory. Some argue that it is too abstract and lacks empirical evidence, while others question the need for a new fundamental principle. Further research and debate are needed to fully evaluate the validity and implications of the Zakon theory.