Zapper isn't it about that time?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the contest organizers are undecided about when they will give us a "best of the best" photo contest. They are considering either having a contest this year or waiting until the end of the year.
tribdog
When are you going to give us a "best of the best" photo contest? the winners of previous contests and we vote for the best? Or are you waiting for the end of the year?

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
When are you going to give us a "best of the best" photo contest? the winners of previous contests and we vote for the best? Or are you waiting for the end of the year?

Probably closer to the end of the year.

Zz.

Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.

humanino said:
Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.

Yeah, I'm interested in that as well! :biggrin:

I just meant take the winner of each contest and put them into a best of the best contest.

Has there been a Fungi contest? Mold, mushrooms, cheese etc.

humanino said:

That's just way too much work for something meant to be just for fun. If someone wants to study that, then go right ahead. I certainly don't have the time and patience to do it.

The order that I list the pictures corresponds to the order that they were submitted. Off the top of my head, I don't see any correlations. I've seen pictures submitted early win, and I've seen pictures submitted late win.

Zz.

I think most the people here are intelligent enough to not vote "C" everytime.

What is a "Zapper" and what is it used for?

A "Zapper" is a type of electronic device used for various purposes such as pest control, pain relief, and energy healing. It emits low-frequency electromagnetic waves that are thought to have therapeutic effects on the body.

Is the use of a "Zapper" scientifically proven?

The scientific evidence for the effectiveness of "Zappers" is mixed. While some studies have shown positive results, others have found no significant difference between using a "Zapper" and a placebo. More research is needed in this area to determine the true effectiveness of "Zappers".

Are there any potential risks or side effects associated with using a "Zapper"?

There have been reports of minor side effects such as skin irritation and mild discomfort during use. However, there is no evidence to suggest that "Zappers" have any serious or long-term risks. It is always important to consult with a healthcare professional before using any electronic device for therapeutic purposes.

How do "Zappers" work?

There are different theories as to how "Zappers" work, but the most common explanation is that they create an electric current in the body that disrupts the cellular activity of pathogens and parasites, leading to their destruction.

Are there any alternatives to using a "Zapper" for the same purposes?

Yes, there are various alternative therapies and devices that claim to have similar effects as "Zappers", such as acupuncture, herbal remedies, and other electronic devices. However, the effectiveness of these alternatives may vary and should be discussed with a healthcare professional.