Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zapper isn't it about that time?

1. Sep 1, 2008 #1
    When are you going to give us a "best of the best" photo contest? the winners of previous contests and we vote for the best? Or are you waiting for the end of the year?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Probably closer to the end of the year.

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3
    Do you think it would be possible to have correlations between the order of the pictures chosen in the original contest threads and the final orders after votes ? I guess Zz tries to be as little subjective as possible, and also a proper experiment should re-do all the contests with at least one different order in the contest threads.
  5. Sep 2, 2008 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yeah, I'm interested in that as well! :biggrin:
  6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    I just meant take the winner of each contest and put them into a best of the best contest.

Has there been a Fungi contest? Mold, mushrooms, cheese etc.
  7. Sep 2, 2008 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That's just way too much work for something meant to be just for fun. If someone wants to study that, then go right ahead. I certainly don't have the time and patience to do it.

The order that I list the pictures corresponds to the order that they were submitted. Off the top of my head, I don't see any correlations. I've seen pictures submitted early win, and I've seen pictures submitted late win.

8. Sep 3, 2008 #7
    I think most the people here are intelligent enough to not vote "C" everytime.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?