Zapper's new home?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

The Ferris-Bueller home is for sale, and at a very good price. Since it's near Chicago, I thought we should talk Zapper into buying it and making it the official PF house. :biggrin:

article-1344337-0CA776EF000005DC-466_634x414.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344337/Ferris-Bueller-home-goes-sale-1-65m.html

It's down from 2.3 million [below], to 1.65 million [above], so if you're interested, you had better move fast.
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2009/05/ferris_buellers.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
A glass box on stilts?

Yes! That is beautiful. One can park one's car below. Is that earthquake country? :biggrin:

My first babysitting job New Years Eve was in a house like that. The father of the child was a PhD engineer the mommy a teacher. You would think some brains? I think they call em cliff hangers in CA were I was. I kept the child in the den with me near the front door the only part of the house on solid ground and only hope for escape in the event of a 1.0.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Yes! That is beautiful. One can park one's car below.
Yeah but your dad'll kill you. :biggrin:

Yeah but your dad'll kill you. :biggrin:
He tried that. Now he's dead and I'm looking at homes for zaaaperz. Thank you.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
He tried that. Now he's dead and I'm looking at homes for zaaaperz. Thank you.
There's a buzzkill.

It was a Ferris Bueller reference.

A glass box on stilts?
I think there's a room inside that glass box.

I would buy it if the area was safe, .. and I had money. It looks quite peaceful and beautiful

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
The Ferris-Bueller home is for sale, and at a very good price. Since it's near Chicago, I thought we should talk Zapper into buying it and making it the official PF house. :biggrin:
I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

:)

Zz.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Wow that is a lovely garage! Where is the house?

Evo
Mentor
I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

Zz.
Oh!! How much for the house next door??? :tongue2:

turbo
Gold Member

Zz.
Just tell the cops that you are "stimulating" your orchids! That should clear everything up.

Zz.
Looks pretty wide open there. Don't think you would have to worry about neighbors, crooks, cops, Minny Mouse, Daisey Duck, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, wild animals, .... only is it near the Village??? :eek:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow that is a lovely garage! Where is the house?
They tried it as a garage for a Ferrari, but that didn't work out.

They tried it as a garage for a Ferrari, but that didn't work out.
So they did use this house as the garage for the movie.
When making the movie "IQ" about Einstein, They wanted to use Einstein's actual house but the celing was too low so they used the one next door. (Princeton)

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
So they did use this house as the garage for the movie.
When making the movie "IQ" about Einstein, They wanted to use Einstein's actual house but the celing was too low so they used the one next door. (Princeton)
Yes, this is where the Ferrari crashed though the window, but I don't think it was supposed to be a garage. IIRC, part of the joke was that it was so precious to the kid's dad, it was kept in the house.

Yes, this is where the Ferrari crashed though the window, but I don't think it was supposed to be a garage. IIRC, part of the joke was that it was so precious to the kid's dad, it was kept in the house.
OH! I get it.
That was one of the funniest scenes I have ever had nearly kill me. :rofl: