Zapruder movie

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
It's not about bullet theories, it's about people behind the car being much larger than the people in the car.

Yep, very interesting. The 'cut-out' on the lampost I always took as being some sort of sign there.

That 3d reconstruction is featured here

Last edited by a moderator:
rbj
I'm not into US politics and I should be neutral. But from what I observed, I do think that JFK was on the very short list of the best US president ever and I understand why there could be a conspiracy to get rid of him and that sucks.
probably the same thing will happen to President Obama, for about the same reason.

(BTW, i am not much of a conspiracy nut, but i do think that the "Single Bullet Theory" is harder to believe than the alternative and that, for likely conspiratorial reasons, it was pushed despite the physical unlikelihood, because they didn't want to deal with the alternative.)

baywax
Gold Member
probably the same thing will happen to President Obama, for about the same reason.

(BTW, i am not much of a conspiracy nut, but i do think that the "Single Bullet Theory" is harder to believe than the alternative and that, for likely conspiratorial reasons, it was pushed despite the physical unlikelihood, because they didn't want to deal with the alternative.)
Don't know until someone makes a move.

I'm surprised that FDR never had an assassination attempt on his life. His first term was stellar in the way he mobilized a social network for the out-of-work... during the mid 30s etc... But his second term proved him to be very unpopular in Vermont, Maine etc... where all the money was. They could afford to hire a few hit men, but never did.

Then FDR did his best to influence the international stage, against the majority of opinions (isolationists) in the US and still wasn't "taken out". Then, Peril Harbour, whatever the conspiracy story is surrounding that... and the rest is history... and no assassination. So, good hearted, well meaning presidents don't always get assassinated. And the ones that are buffoons seem to keep on ticking like a toy bunny.

Can someone please list exactly whats in dispute? I keep watching it over and over and am not seeing anything wrong. The sign looks fine, and what legs are everyone talking about?

baywax
Gold Member
It's not about bullet theories, it's about people behind the car being much larger than the people in the car.
A zoom lens will sometimes create that effect.

I don't see any effect of the people being larger behind the cars. Compare their head sizes, Jackie's is always larger than theirs. So is the poilceman on motorcycle.

baywax
Gold Member
Great, I checked out the high def version of the Zapruder film and watched it go back and forth continuously... wishing life was as simple... then I checked out the Stemmons Freeway sign and lamppost theory and overlapped the two compositions in my head. If the sign is not pasted in... (which was hollywood's craft and it wouldn't have been easy to find a movie artisan who was willing to cover up JFK's true assassin) the sign provides cover for something that has bothered JFK. As he emerges from behind the sign both arms are up in agitation and his wife is wondering what's wrong. Then the second hit comes to JFK's head.

It may just be coincidental convenience that the sign hides the first hit and it may be that it is placed to hide the angle etc... of the hit. Either way, you guys lost a great leader to someone who didn't take voting as the way to change a government.

If you compare the stills with the film you can see quite a few people up behind the grassy knoll, behind the white enclosure. One in particular stands out in a beige overcoat that is unusually pregnant with something under it. I've been in Dallas and the weather there never struck me as "overcoat" material.

Two little things on this

First, if you want to discuss the Zapruder film, you must get the copy released as "Image of An Assassination"--- this is the ONLY copy on earth made by going back to the original print, and taking photos of each frame as 5cmX5cm high-resolution slides. There are four versions on the DVD-- one of which shows the "never seen" area in between the sprocket holes on the left-hand side, and two of which were assembled using Kennedy's head as the centering point, instead of the frame edges (removes camera and shutter shake).

If you haven't seen this material, then you might as well discuss a drawing of the film made by someone who saw it once, somewhere--- the difference is nothing short of earth-shattering. THEN you can make your analysis and conclusions.

As just one little example of this; recall how Kennedy raises both hands towards his throat after the first hit? Well, from the versions I had always seen before ("high-quality" or no), it looked like he was actually touching his throat--- and I could never tell for sure either way. Well, watching this version there is absolutely NO question--- his hands are both at least six inches from his throat. That's just one example of what this kind of clarity does for your examination--- based on that one observation I later found out that it is characteristic of bullet injuries high on the back--- those muscle movements are, for the most part, involuntary reactions to the muscle trauma.

Just one other little point that stood out to me, and shows the difference between this and other versions of the film you may have seen--- BOTH the victims are completely free of the Stebbins Freeway sign when the shot that hits both of them comes along--- most people think it happened when they're still behind the sign. It most emphatically did not; and seeing it clearly will also permantently set your mind at ease about the question of whether or not it was a single bullet--- it was; and you can see them both react to it in the same instant of time... it's like a bee suddenly zipped through the car, they both jerk convulsively at the impact.

I will leave you to make your own observations and conclusions, but please--- do get ahold of the best source material. You're just spinning conjectures with anything less. Especially these fine points about scissoring legs and whatnot... you simply will not be able to tell for sure what you're seeing otherwise.

The issue of provenance or "doctoring" of the film I will not address here; suffice it to say that ANY analysis made off of a YouTube video (compression artifacts, anyone?) is back in "my kid saw it once and made me a very accurate drawing with crayons" land.

The provenance of the video I'm discussing here is discussed, at length, on the DVD--- make of it what you will.

The other point I'd like to make, seperately, has to do with the existence (or non-existence) of a "grassy knoll shooter," but perhaps now is not the time. I know this is one of 'those issues' that people get very passionate about, and my goal here is merely to elevate the debate by encouraging the use of the best possible source material. I believe, though, that I've discovered a very compelling reason why, second shooter or no, there is virtually no possibility any firearm was discharged from the 'fence' area on the grassy knoll.

If anyone's interested in hearing about that, just ask...