Zener model in series

• Thread starter maistral
  • Start date
While I was studying applications of Laplace transforms this thing showed up (lol).

I seem to have a basic understanding of how the Zener model was derived. Seeing that the time-domain model apparently looks like a step function of sorts, I was trying to relate it to something like the behavior of a step function in a single tank, and yeah, the single-tank time-domain solution and a single Zener assembly solution is of the same form.

I remembered that if I have a tank system in series, it would result to two related differential equations, one being the input of another. I am trying to figure out how would the Zener model be derived if it were stacked twice; ie.
stacked sls.png

Would it look similar to the tank system solution; or how should I formulate the differential equation problem? I have no idea what will happen as I have no idea what this model is for to begin with (apparently it's related to viscoelasticity or something. I did do some readings from the resources available across the internet and my nose bled o:) :DD). I just wanted to try and find more applications of Laplace in chemical engineering. Thanks!

Attachments

Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.