Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zero

1. Jul 23, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

Okey dokey so Evo is the new General Discussion mentor (congrats again!! :biggrin: ), but what happened to Zero? Has he been demoted or has he left PF to find fresh fields and pastures new?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2004 #2
    whoa, I didn't even notice that he wasn't a mentor. Maybe greg returned him to the mentor vending machine (where all mentors come from).

4. Jul 23, 2004 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Truth be told, we have no idea of what happened to Zero. We can only assume that he's really busy.

5. Jul 24, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well, let's see, we know the following three things occured right before his mysterious disappearance, he:

1)Moved to Florida

2)Went on a diet

3)Started working out

I think he's spending time hanging out with hot bikini babes. :wink:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  6. Jul 24, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Fair play to him... where's me ticket?

7. Jul 24, 2004 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Shouldn't you be on your way to Espana/Portugal? :wink:

8. Jul 24, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

Haha not any more. That plan ran dry since my parents decided to split up. Mum is going back home to Gibraltar and I want to get away from it all, not live with my parent(s) in a different country. Turkey sounds promising though....

9. Jul 24, 2004 #8

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: I hope you're alright..

10. Jul 24, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm fine, I'll roll with the punch as it were. Life goes on and all that. Besides I'm a working adult now, I should "fly the nest" soon in theory.

11. Jul 24, 2004 #10

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should set up a barber shop in Turkey in a local village!! :eek: :biggrin: next to one of those bathing houses (or should it be inside..?) so that you can report back to us all the local gossips, and stories that were passed on by generations.. that should be fun! :biggrin: ah, and ofcourse share some secret recipes you found out by charming one of the village ladies :redface:

12. Jul 26, 2004 #11
    News Just In!!

My sources have confirmed that Zero is chillin' out on the island of Zanzibar of the coast of Tanzania. Apparently, he was spotted sipping Margerita's with Elvis, Bob Marley and that dude who went missing from the Manic Street Preachers!

Why don't you join him their jimmy??

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  13. Jul 26, 2004 #12
    I am familiar with ZERO, he is an interesting person, also a hardcore atheist.
    I used to argue with him about GOD (I'm inclined to GOD) when I first came here 2 years ago.

14. Jul 26, 2004 #13

Njorl

Science Advisor

I always figured he got called up and sent to Iraq. He was in the Marines recently enough to be in the IRR.

Now THAT would be bizarre.

Njorl

15. Jul 26, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

I never got to go to a Turkish bath. Apparently it is great at the start of the holiday cos they remove the first layer of skin. Lots of people go and the end and then find they have no tan. HAHAHAHA :devil: As for a barber shop, I shouldnt be trusted with sharp objects. Maybe I could hand out towels in the bath or something. Or I could be one of the massaging people just in case some nice young ladies want a scrub down. :wink: Then we could talk recipes.

He is so lucky, I would like to be there talking to the dude who disappeared from the Manics. He was crazy. Who are your sources?

16. Jul 27, 2004 #15
    :confused:

Hope you didn't think I was serious there!!! FYI - Elvis, uh, is dead ya know (and so, they say, is the dude from the Manics). Zanzibar (apparently) is wonderful though - so are the small little islands of the Mozambique coast!!

17. Jul 27, 2004 #16

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i am pretty sure he's not around because he has a girlfriend now.

18. Jul 28, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's the way it always happens, someone finds a girlfriend or boyfriend and forgets about everyone else. :cry: You don't hear from them again until they're engaged or broken up. :rolleyes:

19. Jul 28, 2004 #18

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

moonbear, hopefully i haven't lived up to that stereotype... :smile:

20. Jul 28, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No worries, you're safely married now, so won't be running off finding any new boyfriends for a while I hope. :biggrin:

21. Jul 28, 2004 #20
    "Saving all my time for you"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?