Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zeta function = vacuum Background?

1. Dec 20, 2004 #1
    Here is a paper that has some interesting concepts:

Is this possible/probable? :confused:
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2004 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I haven't read that article,but i'm sure it's okay.I can tell u for sure that there is no wonder to the fact that Riemann's zeta function is involved in QFT.Actually a good method of renormalization of field theories is based upon a very ingenious generalization of the Riemann's zeta function.I would infer to the book by Pierre Ramond:"Field Theory:A Modern Primer" (2nd edition,1989) where there is chapter dedicated to zeta Riemann function renormalization procedure.

4. Dec 21, 2004 #3
    Many thanks, I have not heard of the 'renorm' procedure due to Zeta--Riemann, although I have worked out that for any increasing ensemble of numbers, there is a corresponding factor of representative zero, normalization?

This:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.valletta/PRIME GRIDS.htm
    is a poor example of a Grid background for Entropic Ensembles, where the increasing Zero's are "Space-Vacuum" oriented, and Prime numbers are decreasing WRT Matter.

This is idea was independant , and was put put some years ago.

P.S I have just bought a number of books, and one by Karl Sabbagh:Dr Riemann's Zeros, will hopefully help me to a greater understanding, thanks again.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?