1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zeta function = vacuum Background?

1. Dec 20, 2004 #1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2004 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I haven't read that article,but i'm sure it's okay.I can tell u for sure that there is no wonder to the fact that Riemann's zeta function is involved in QFT.Actually a good method of renormalization of field theories is based upon a very ingenious generalization of the Riemann's zeta function.I would infer to the book by Pierre Ramond:"Field Theory:A Modern Primer" (2nd edition,1989) where there is chapter dedicated to zeta Riemann function renormalization procedure.

Daniel.

4. Dec 21, 2004 #3
    Many thanks, I have not heard of the 'renorm' procedure due to Zeta--Riemann, although I have worked out that for any increasing ensemble of numbers, there is a corresponding factor of representative zero, normalization?

This:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.valletta/PRIME GRIDS.htm
    is a poor example of a Grid background for Entropic Ensembles, where the increasing Zero's are "Space-Vacuum" oriented, and Prime numbers are decreasing WRT Matter.

This is idea was independant , and was put put some years ago.

P.S I have just bought a number of books, and one by Karl Sabbagh:Dr Riemann's Zeros, will hopefully help me to a greater understanding, thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook