Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zoobie the Cat

1. Jan 1, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

Zoobie seems to have a rather serious LEAD BUTT problem! She can't seem to jump up onto anything that doesn't have material that she can claw her way up on! (It actually may be a blessing, as it allows our two OLD kitties to escape her 'high activity kitten' periods).

Does anyone else have a cat that can't jump? She moves like a normal kitten in all other respects. She just can't seem to get her butt off the ground without her claws. (OH BOY! New furniture soon!)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2004 #2
    Must be the shoes-the ZOOBYSHOES

Thank you, thank you- I'll be here all week.

ummm k. let's forget I said that...

4. Jan 1, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

Don't quit your day job!
    OK. Now pay attention. NO SHOES! If she had shoes on she would not be able to claw her way up things - like my furniture, bedspread, Ivan's feet... (Your namesake is extracting our revenge FOR us, Zooby! ) She really is the sweetest kitten. I just love her to death. She has the scruffiest fur, tho. It feels like steel wool for glass. (We call her our Little Brillo Pad. ) When you pick her up to snuggle (she can't JUMP up into my lap, remember), she gets to purring so hard she drools all over herself and ME. I guess I give good Zoobie Face! She's just a little hellion, too. She chases the other two cats all over the house. She's very tiny, but she has serious kitten claws that have REALLY gotten under the skin (so to speak) of our 'Grumpy Old Men' :wink: She keeps us laughing as she looses wrestling matches with Christmas bows. Her little lead butt does give her an advantage in sitting up, though. She's very good at it.

5. Jan 1, 2004 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had a 20 yr old cat who became a 5 yr old lad anytime food was involved. He would sling his paws at anything that moved or looked edible, and practically jump into the refrigerator.

All the other cats are good at jumping too, only one has some trouble in winter.. in summer she is this slim lady who goes out hunting for rodents, but in winter.. she balloons out to this round ball of fur her head is indistinguishable from the rest of her body..

My other cat was angry at me today.. she wasn't allowed to help herself to some slices of melon wrapped in raw ham that were lying on the table.. if looks could kill

And I've got this other cat who is just adorable, an american breed, he is HUGE! He stretches out and wraps his arms around your neck and hugs you..

6. Jan 1, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

PARMA ham??? *sigh* (drools like Zoobie)

7. Jan 1, 2004 #6
    Mine's the exact opposite. She jumps sooo high that she's able to actually reach the top of my cupboards, and my ceiling is a sort of layer of styrofoam-like thing, so from there, she pushes up the ceiling and goes up. Then she'll explore the ceiling and go from room to room until she comes crashing down when the styrofoam doesn't support her weight.

I was once unlucky enough to be under a styrofoam board when it fell. That was a good bowl of soup too....

8. Jan 1, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Prosciutto

9. Jan 1, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

Even BETTER, IMO! *sigh* (drools like Ivan)
    Oh oh! Zoobie is lonely. I hear her crying. I must excuse myself. LATER!

10. Jan 1, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Bun the 1st" used to hold and squeeze my hand with her little paws while I fell asleep.

all together now: Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

One of our cats, our best buddy "Einstein", refuses to wait until someone gets up to feed him. First he runs his cold nose up and down your cheek, and if that doesn't wake you up, you get his upper, front left [pointy] tooth, right in the forehead, over and over until you wake up. Guests included.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004
  11. Jan 2, 2004 #10

Tsu

Gold Member

Ya know, I just KNEW if I posted something about her problem, Murphy's Law would prevail - and sure enough, she has actually JUMPED! This morning she finally lifted her little lead butt a whole foot from the sofa arm to the window sill. It TOOK her about two minutes of dancing around on the sofa arm trying to work up enough ovarian fortitude to actually make the leap! She's so dang CUTE!!! On the downside, she HAS, however, become a serious destructo-kitty!! There are tiny pieces of dead maple leaf ALL OVER MY KITCHEN FLOOR THIS MORNING!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?