Zoom and pan in MS Excel graph

In summary, to zoom in on a specific area of an MS Excel graph, click on the graph and use the scroll wheel or zoom slider. You can also double-click on a data point to zoom in on it. To pan around the graph, click and drag or use the arrow keys. To reset the zoom and pan settings, click on the graph and use the "Reset to Default Zoom" button. To save your settings, right-click on the graph and select "Save as Default Chart."
Ian Deacon
I have a lot pressure data (in CSV) taken over a long time and would like to dynamically zoom and pan to analyse the data. Any suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I zoom in and out on an MS Excel graph?

To zoom in on a specific area of an MS Excel graph, click on the graph to activate it and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out. You can also use the zoom slider in the bottom right corner of the graph or the zoom buttons in the toolbar.

2. Can I zoom in on a specific data point in the graph?

Yes, you can zoom in on a specific data point in an MS Excel graph by double-clicking on the data point. This will automatically zoom in on that point and show a larger view of it.

3. How can I pan around the graph to see different sections?

To pan around the graph, click and drag the graph to move it in any direction. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the graph. This is useful for viewing different sections of a large graph.

4. How do I reset the zoom and pan settings on a graph?

To reset the zoom and pan settings on a graph, click on the graph to activate it and then click on the "Reset to Default Zoom" button in the toolbar. This will reset the graph to its original size and position.

5. Can I save my zoom and pan settings on a graph?

Yes, you can save your zoom and pan settings on an MS Excel graph by right-clicking on the graph and selecting "Save as Default Chart". This will save your current settings as the default for all future graphs.