Zumdahl Text Users - How Many?

• Thread starter professor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, there is a discussion about the use of the Zumdahl text in various science classes. The speaker mentions wanting to add buddies to help with the class and mentions that the book is used at their school and at the University of Illinois. There is also a mention of a professor who dislikes Zumdahl because of the book's success compared to their own research. Finally, there is a mention of using the fifth and seventh editions of the text for AP and A-level classes.
professor
Main Question: How many people are taking a course using a zumdahl text? I ask this because i would like to add a few people as buddies if they don't mind, and will help them with the class as i go through it, to help keep my memory fresh.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
"General science" classes at my school use this text, but I'm not in that class right now.

I used that text in AP chem in high school. That was long ago though.

Great book!

yeah it is pretty good as far as i have seen

I'm at U of I so of course we use it (Zumdahl was the Gen Chem prof. here before he retired and moved to a warmer climate). One chem prof said he hates Zumdahl b/c he's gotten so rich writing a basically plagiarised book while he is doing research and gettin nothing, heh.

:) well that's an opinion..but it worked for him dident it?

hey prof,

i'm currently using this book (fifth edition). I would need some help.

Thanks

I have this book as it is the text for my chemistry AP class. I believe it is the 5th edition as well...

Im using the same book, I think its a very good one too.

Cool! we should get together :D

yup i use the 7th edition for AP & Alevel (im doing both) at school

1. How many people use the Zumdahl Text?

There is no exact number on how many people use the Zumdahl Text, as it is a textbook used in various schools and universities around the world. However, it is a popular textbook among chemistry students and is widely used in introductory chemistry courses.

2. Is the Zumdahl Text used internationally?

Yes, the Zumdahl Text is used in many countries around the world. It has been translated into multiple languages and is used in both high schools and universities internationally.

3. Who is the author of the Zumdahl Text?

The Zumdahl Text is written by Steven S. Zumdahl and Susan A. Zumdahl, both professors of chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

4. How many editions of the Zumdahl Text are there?

As of 2021, there are 11 editions of the Zumdahl Text. The first edition was published in 1986, and the most recent edition was published in 2018.

5. Is the Zumdahl Text suitable for self-study?

The Zumdahl Text is primarily used as a textbook in a classroom setting, but it can also be used for self-study. It includes practice problems, examples, and explanations that make it a useful resource for those studying chemistry independently.